Worked with a new blind turner yesterday

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbwertz

She made her first pen and was thrilled to death with it! When I left, she was showing it off to anyone she could catch LOL. I go back tomorrow and do two one hour demos with blind turners for a couple of tour groups going through the center, then next week we begin regular scheduled classes. I just realized that this is the eighth year I have taught turning at the blind center. I met Andi Sullivan at the 2014 AAW annual symposium when it was here in Phoenix, and started the project in January of 2015.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MPVic

She made her first pen and was thrilled to death with it! When I left, she was showing it off to anyone she could catch LOL. I go back tomorrow and do two one hour demos with blind turners for a couple of tour groups going through the center, then next week we begin regular scheduled classes. I just realized that this is the eighth year I have taught turning at the blind center. I met Andi Sullivan at the 2014 AAW annual symposium when it was here in Phoenix, and started the project in January of 2015.
God bless you Sharon, for your labor of love.

sbwertz

A few years ago Mark James was in town and came and visited us at the center. It was great to actually get to meet him. If you want to read about a truly amazing turner, read this

sbwertz

Can't make it to the center this week....wall-to-wall Dr. appointments! Yesterday found out I have a UTI and am on an antibiotic and feeling better. DH has appt today and I'm driving him, and I have an appt with the hand doctor tomorrow and the center is closed Friday

Top Bottom