Word of Warning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

Awhile ago, I posted a small tool storage shelf for my Laguna, worked well, until today. Today, I needed to change the belt location, guess what, my little storage shelf wouldn't let the door open. So I remade it, set it back a bit to allow the door to open. So take heed, if you add something like this, you have been warned. It is really handy. I also added a little portable shelf on the right side. Now I have a convenient place for CA or the like when applying a finish.
F4702E0D-AC37-4C33-BA08-C1CB7D2FEC96.jpeg
D751DCBD-D845-4F4C-99F9-66C62B246E92.jpeg
80C9C956-0896-4E14-B642-E5E9C4003B2D.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I like your shelf on the right. I have a Nova (16 x 24" ??) with two home-made shelfs that simply sit in between the ways. Yours looks like a future project for me! Thanks for the inspiration. ;)

jrista

These look really nice! I like both of them. The shelf at the tailstock end looks really handy.

I am curious about the shelf at the headstock end... Are you still able to slide a knockout bar in, or do you have to move/remove tools to do that?

KenB259

These look really nice! I like both of them. The shelf at the tailstock end looks really handy.

I am curious about the shelf at the headstock end... Are you still able to slide a knockout bar in, or do you have to move/remove tools to do that?
I don't have to remove tools, for once I thought ahead and intentionally left plenty of room for the knock out bar.

KMCloonan

Thanks Ken. I would never have considered the swing of the doors would be hindered by the left-hand shelf.

I also attached some shelving/workspace to my lathe - I kept the stand from my Nova with a bed extension. I mounted my Laguna Lathe on the stand, and built a combination workbench, tool holder, and storage cubby where the bed extension used to go. I have my lathe on casters because, as you can see from the photos, my shop is really small - I need to wheel the lathe out of the way to use the miter saw or drill press. But, I'm used to it, and it seems to work well for me.

thumbnail_IMG_3030.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3031.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3032.jpg

jttheclockman

It is always cool looking in on other people's shops. Many times ideas come to light and you say why did I not think of that. :)

EricRN

Awhile ago, I posted a small tool storage shelf for my Laguna, worked well, until today. Today, I needed to change the belt location, guess what, my little storage shelf wouldn't let the door open. So I remade it, set it back a bit to allow the door to open. So take heed, if you add something like this, you have been warned. It is really handy. I also added a little portable shelf on the right side. Now I have a convenient place for CA or the like when applying a finish. View attachment 344023View attachment 344024View attachment 344025
This is a brilliant use of the extension screwholes. Kind of surprised Laguna hasn't come up with this as an accessory. (Though they probably will if they see this post!!)

KenB259

Thanks Ken. I would never have considered the swing of the doors would be hindered by the left-hand shelf.

I also attached some shelving/workspace to my lathe - I kept the stand from my Nova with a bed extension. I mounted my Laguna Lathe on the stand, and built a combination workbench, tool holder, and storage cubby where the bed extension used to go. I have my lathe on casters because, as you can see from the photos, my shop is really small - I need to wheel the lathe out of the way to use the miter saw or drill press. But, I'm used to it, and it seems to work well for me.

View attachment 344059View attachment 344060View attachment 344061
We thought alike on that little magnetic tray you have on your light bracket. You can barely see it in my picture but I have one there too.

Top Bottom