WoodTurningz!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jrista

Well, I have to hand it to these guys, they are amazing.

I ordered a number of things two days ago. Today it arrived. I don't even think it shipped until yesterday, so grand total shipping time I think is less than two days.

Given the times, with regular old ground shipping, I'm blown away at the speed of the service here! Well done!! Thank you!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pewink

Banned
Well, I have to hand it to these guys, they are amazing.

I ordered a number of things two days ago. Today it arrived. I don't even think it shipped until yesterday, so grand total shipping time I think is less than two days.

Given the times, with regular old ground shipping, I'm blown away at the speed of the service here! Well done!! Thank you!
So... your admiration is misdirected.
The courier is where you should be directing your amazement, especially with todays standards.

jrista

So... your admiration is misdirected.
The courier is where you should be directing your amazement, especially with todays standards.
Disagree that its misdirected. I've had people not even ship my orders for days or weeks. I have orders that are screwed up and are still not fixed that I placed the first few days of February. I'd checked my emails yesterday after posting this thread, and Ryan at WoodTurningz had my package in the mail the DAY OF placement. I pretty much never see that. I think he had my order in the mail just a matter of hours after I placed it. I don't think I've EVER seen anything like that, not at least in the last two years.

So, no, not misdirected at all.

KenB259

My last order from TurnTex was ready to ship 20 minutes after I placed it. I was totally amazed when I get the notification on my phone. Gotta love it when things go smooth.

jrista

I've come to just expect a lot of lag at all stages. That's why it was so surprising to find the package in my mailbox, before I even knew it was shipped! :p I usually don't expect my packages to even ship for a couple of days. Most places seem to either take a couple days, or they have set shipping days (lot of Etsy shops are like that, i.e. only ship on thursdays, so if you order after a thursday (I seem to order from Etsy on the weekends mostly), it takes the better part of a week.)

KenB259

I've come to just expect a lot of lag at all stages. That's why it was so surprising to find the package in my mailbox, before I even knew it was shipped! :p I usually don't expect my packages to even ship for a couple of days. Most places seem to either take a couple days, or they have set shipping days (lot of Etsy shops are like that, i.e. only ship on thursdays, so if you order after a thursday (I seem to order from Etsy on the weekends mostly), it takes the better part of a week.)
I have UPS, USPS and Federal Express apps on my phone. I find myself using them a lot and to be honest they are all pretty darn accurate. The UPS app even has real time GPS tracking of the truck that is carrying your package.

pewink

Banned
Disagree that its misdirected. I've had people not even ship my orders for days or weeks. I have orders that are screwed up and are still not fixed that I placed the first few days of February. I'd checked my emails yesterday after posting this thread, and Ryan at WoodTurningz had my package in the mail the DAY OF placement. I pretty much never see that. I think he had my order in the mail just a matter of hours after I placed it. I don't think I've EVER seen anything like that, not at least in the last two years.

So, no, not misdirected at all.
My apologies, I thought you were referring to the shipping time, from pick-up to door.
Any business that is customer focused, should have the package in transit within 24 hours. There aren't many of those businesses.

jrista

My apologies, I thought you were referring to the shipping time, from pick-up to door.
Any business that is customer focused, should have the package in transit within 24 hours. There aren't many of those businesses.
I think its a nice bonus myself... With things as they are today, its not something I expect, and many people have other jobs that supplement their own small businesses that can make it hard to get things out the door within a day. That said, it IS something I appreciate when it happens, hence the thread. ;)

jrista

I have UPS, USPS and Federal Express apps on my phone. I find myself using them a lot and to be honest they are all pretty darn accurate. The UPS app even has real time GPS tracking of the truck that is carrying your package.
You know...I think I have the UPS and FedEx apps... I am probably not logged into them though...

penicillin

I have not ordered directly from Woodturningz, but some of the blanks I buy at Rockler have Woodturningz labels, including their "Glow Stonez" pen blanks that glow in the dark. They are novelty blanks, but make good looking pens.

In particular, I would recommend the Kryptonite Glow Stonez blank with a good gold plated pen kit. The blanks have sparkly gold flecks in them that bring out the gold in the pen kit. The glow-in-the-dark aspect? To be honest, it isn't much to see, but it adds something fun to show , maybe.

Here is a 24k Gold Slimline Pro pen/pencil set in Kryptonite Glow Stonez that I use every day at my desk. The photo does not do them justice, sorry.

Slimline Pro Kryptonite Glow Stonez.JPG

Top Bottom