Woodturningz quality?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fat Boy

Since i am new to turning i am still learning the quality of the suppliers, i have never bought from woodturningz so i figured i would ask for advice. I see they sell cigar kits for 3.95 each and since just about all i make is cigar pens thats a lot cheaper than wood craft.

My concern is the overall quality of the finish and the way the kits fit together, very rarely i have to put a drop of CA on a kit from woodcraft but the 45 mile drive and the 6.99 a kit are starting to tap me out! I have seen great reviews about woodturningz on here for their customer service so that is a plus. any comments are welcome.

I am not sure if they are on here or not so if you have had a bad experience with them please PM me rather than post it on here, i do not want to hurt anyones reputation.

Thank you in advance,

Chris

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Chris their Cigar pen is a good quality, I've done quite a few, Woodcraft while it is fun to shop is not the cheapest place to buy pen kits, there are several vendors here on the site that also offer good quality pen kits. But Woodturningz kits are a good deal no junk.

Scratch

Chris, I've never made a cigar pen, but I have done a lot of business with
Woodturningz. I'm very satisfied.

alphageek

Former Moderator
I love woodturningz.. I've used them alot in the past. I will say that I also suggest you look at the classifieds here, there is alot of great members that sell. If you do some more research, you will find that some of them sell berea (like many at woodcraft) and some sell PSI (like woodturningz does), but many kits are similar. The cigar is one that I don't believe I noticed much difference.

I do support my local woodcraft (way too much some days :) ) but for pen kits, I have to really be desperate when you can get them somewhere else for 2/3 the price... basically buy 2 get the 3rd free.

jwoodwright

Chris,
Ryan with WOODTURNINGZ started on this site and has great prices and service. Ryan is a reseller and sells the kits you buy elsewhere.

He is only one of a few that know Alaska is part of the USA and can receive flat rate boxes! Thus, he doesn't charge additional fees to ship to Alaska!

He also has an annual New Years sale that is wonderful and you could win money.

I have made countless orders and all are handled in a very professional way.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I've always had great service from WoodTurningz. On the rare occasion where I've had a problem, it was taken care of quickly and professionally.

jedgerton

A+ for Woodturningz. Fast shipping, great service and great prices. They are among the best suppliers I've done business with.

John

islandturner

Can't say enough nice things about Woodturningz -- fast friendly service. I've never received anything from them that I wasn't happy with.

One time, my Hotmail account was hacked, sending out bogus emails to my contact list. Ryan took the time to send me a nice note, letting me know that it had happened and that I likely had a bug somewhere.

Highly recommended.

Steve

glen r

I too, highly recommend Woodturningz. I had ordered a couple of yellow ribbon blanks and when they arrived I saw that the wood had been burnt excessively when it was cut with the lazer. I contacted Ryan about the problem and immediately was shipped replacement blanks.

Do not hesitate buying from Woodturningz.

Heck

Woodturningz
Beth is the person to deal with at Woodturningz. She is wonderful to deal with and will go out of her way to help you. I have not had a problem with the products or service.

jbthbt

I had some classics from them that were poor quality kits (out of 30, 20 or so were unusable). I wrote them an email commenting on the problems and they promptly offered to return my money and were incredible to deal with. I've ordered lots from them since (although I've avoided their classic kits). Overall I'd recommend them.

gwisher

I will agree with everyone so far. Woodturningz is great. I have yet to have any problems with them although I don't do much on-line ordering but when I have I recieve their products faster than any other supplier I have tried. Also their prices are hard to beat!

thewishman

I love woodturningz..

...and some sell PSI (like woodturningz does), but many kits are similar. The cigar is one that I don't believe I noticed much difference.
Woodturningz does sell a lot of PSI's lines - for a better price and MUCH faster shipping! AND they are very nice people.

The cigars that Woodturningz sells they import directly, or at least they did a few years ago.

Last edited:

havighurst

+1 on Woodturningz. If you are looking for something that is not listed on their website - call them and ask. I was looking for some TN cigar kits and they were not on the website. I called and they had them, not have enough kits to list on the website, but enough for me. Also, very fast shipping.

unclefuzzy

I love Woodturningz. I have had nothing but great service from them. I don't think they ever sleep there. I have sent e mails to them at all hours and had a response in a very short time(minutes). If ever I have a question,they are there for me.They are much faster on delivery than PSI,too.

Shock me

My local Woodcraft just raised prices on "premium gold" cigar pen to $9.79. That plus all the good reviews of woodturningz should make it an easy decision.

Top Bottom