Woodpenpro.com

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigJames

Did not have a good experience with woodpenpro.

Ordered 50 or so slimline kits which were reasonably priced, however:
  • Most of the metal parts had scratches and defects.
  • The transition / twist mechanism in most of the kits were either sticky or would not rotate properly at all.
  • All and I do mean all of the pen refills that came with my kits were completely dried out. They also are 4-5mm shorter than a standard cross style refill which means I will have to disassemble the front ends of 2-3 dozen pens in order to fit the regular cross style refills which I now have to buy separately. I will also very likely have to refinish most of them after disassembly.

Before ordering I emailed the owner to inquire about the complete kit and he represented them as new and with all working parts.
He included some extra refills which sounded good at the time, however he failed to send the correct type and they won't fit the slimline kits.

When I inquired with the owner about the dried out refills he simply said he usually doesn't include them at all but on the next order he would include more.

Very disappointing experience. He should have offered to fix the issue without trying to squeeze more money out of me.

Next time I will gladly spend more money on local vendors in order to ensure I get quality parts.

Waste of time and money.

Big James.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

The only thing I ever ordered from them years ago were their long acrylic rods. Great deal at the time. You learned on your own to avoid them. It only takes one screw up with a vendor and I am done with them. No reason in the world not to stand good so keep at them and avoid for future. plenty vendors out there. By the way welcome to the site.

Lucky2

James, that's sad news, I've ordered from them in the past, and I was completely satisfied with what I received from them. Plus, you'd think that, they would look into replacing what you are not satisfied with. And for them to offer to send more refills with your next order, is just a way for them to make you order from them again.

James, welcome to the site, there's lots to learn.

Len

BigJames

Thanks John and Len. I'm likely venting more than I should, just don't want someone else to waste their time and money if I can help it.

henry1164

Interesting. Just received an order of 50 slimlines (silver and gunmetal) today. All looked good. Also, not ordered, I received 50 fine point black ink refills and 50 black enamel center bands. Not sure why I got those with the pen kit order unless it's a thank you for being a first-time customer. However, regarding customer service, I would expect that WOODPENPRO would resolve any issue I might have regarding the kits.

Dehn0045

I've placed one order with him, the owner is generally well respected in other parts of the penturning world, but has very little presence here on IAP. I get the sense that he rolls kind of fast and loose with things. Rather than just tossing out mediocre quality stuff that has manufacturing flaws, it looks like he tries to unload it at a discount. I'm not sure if the slims were just overstocked by him at some point or have some sort of defect (the website seems to imply that they should have been in good condition). I got a load of stuff for a fair price, but didn't have super high expectations on quality. A $1 slimline and a $5 rollerball aren't going to be dayacom level quality. The refills being dried out is definitely disappointing no matter the price, too bad he wouldn't make it right.

JUICEDSS

Whenever I order from him with anything that takes a Parker style refill, he always includes the same amount of extra refills for the kits. The ones in the kits are always dried out for me. I never asked or reported it, he has always just included them.

Try using Amazon next time. Not satisfied with the product Amazon will take care of it. I've had only good experiences with them but I order only through Amazon and usually they are cheaper and the shipping is included usually.

jcm71

A number of years ago there was an outfit called Steebar, which had a horrible reputation here. General consensus was to avoid them like the plague. If memory serves, woodpen pro and steebar were somehow affiliated with each other. Could be wrong.

TonyL

The owner that I knew and I believe still is ..is a very good guy. I bet he will make it right.

TDahl

I have have only ordered the Poseidon roller ball pens from him and did not have a problem. Of all the vendors I have ordered from my main source has been Exotic Blanks. Good products, fair prices (including shipping), and they fill and ship your order quick.

BigJames

After sleeping on it I've considered that this could be just an honest oversight on the owners behalf.

However I will say that it is clear to me that should he not be sending working refills then it should be clearly stated under the product listing. Without that statement he is misrepresenting the product and misleading the customer.

Sorry if I sounded hateful in the original post, I'm just very frustrated about the whole ordeal.

Thanks, Big James.

jttheclockman

After sleeping on it I've considered that this could be just an honest oversight on the owners behalf.

However I will say that it is clear to me that should he not be sending working refills then it should be clearly stated under the product listing. Without that statement he is misrepresenting the product and misleading the customer.

Sorry if I sounded hateful in the original post, I'm just very frustrated about the whole ordeal.

Thanks, Big James.
Call him. That is the best way to solve any problem.

BigJames

Update:
The owner will only send replacements if I order more product from him and pay separate shipping. I then asked if I could have the replacements sent out so I could sell the kits I have in order to buy more kits. He has been ignoring my emails.

Needless to say I will not be doing business with him again. I also found a much better deal per unit and will shop elsewhere.

jttheclockman

Update:
The owner will only send replacements if I order more product from him and pay separate shipping. I then asked if I could have the replacements sent out so I could sell the kits I have in order to buy more kits. He has been ignoring my emails.

Needless to say I will not be doing business with him again. I also found a much better deal per unit and will shop elsewhere.
Live and learn

Joebobber

I have ordered from woodpenpro many times. I've always had a great experience. That traveler rollerball is awesome. I've had custom engraving done as well and it was perfect. I just wish they had more options for those custom clips. I have alot of ex military that would benefit. Or a POW/MIA clip. At any rate, I think you should give them another chance.

WOODPENPRO

• The transition / twist mechanism in most of the kits were either sticky or would not rotate properly at all.
  • All and I do mean all of the pen refills that came with my kits were completely dried out. They also are 4-5mm shorter than a standard cross style refill which means I will have to disassemble the front ends of 2-3 dozen pens in order to fit the regular cross style refills which I now have to buy separately. I will also very likely have to refinish most of them after disassembly.

Before ordering I emailed the owner to inquire about the complete kit and he represented them as new and with all working parts.
He included some extra refills which sounded good at the time, however he failed to send the correct type and they won't fit the slimline kits.

When I inquired with the owner about the dried out refills he simply said he usually doesn't include them at all but on the next order he would include more.

Very disappointing experience. He should have offered to fix the issue without trying to squeeze more money out of me.

Next time I will gladly spend more money on local vendors in order to ensure I get quality parts.

Waste of time and money.

Big

Waste of time and money.

Big James.
Big James,
I had no idea of a prolonged problem...thought I had taken care of you. Very sorry for the inconvenience. Let me know if there is something I can do. I have a couple jobs as Hawaii is crazy expensive but I always try to give customer more than expected, not less. Will try to get on IAP more but I always answer emails on my site even if it takes me a day or two. When I stated I don't normally include refills I was selling 99 cent slims I believe and my site stated refills were dry(old stock).
Sincerely,
Jimmy
WOODPENPRO.COM

Top Bottom