WoodPenPro.com Kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dehn0045

I'm considering placing an order with WoodPenPro for some kits. I've seen some folks post pics of pens made with their kits, but there's not a ton of feedback about them on IAP. Based on the appearance and price I suspect that they are similar level of quality as the PSI/Exotic Blanks/Smitty's kits that I've used, and maybe a step or two below Berea/Dayacom. I really like the Berea and Dayacom kits that I've used, but their price is just a little high for me... Specifically I am interested in the "Pacifica Clicker" and "Tapa Traveler", but if you have experience with any of their kits I'd be interesting in hearing your thoughts - likes and dislikes.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I think your assessment is about right ... perhaps a step below, but acceptable IMHO. . I don't know that the price is much lower but there are some reasonably attractive designs that are somewhat different and appealing for that reason. . I have not actually made any. . Please give us some feedback if you decide to try them out.

TonyL

I own several Poseidons and have been very pleased with them. They do take some unconventional drill sizes, but not an issue. In fact. I may make one today. https://woodpenpro.com/products/stainless-steel-ink-poseidon-master-pen-kit They are non-postable, but again...not an issue for my customers.

I don't have experience with his other kits.

I have also spoken to the owner years ago; he's a very good guy.

Last edited:

Fred Bruche

I made a few Tappa Traveler rollerball, solid built, original and appealing design with a lot of intricate details. The issue I had was from the male and female threads both being metal and after a few capping/uncapping some scratching of the black coating on the male threads were developing, showing the metal underneath. No experience with the Pacifica clicker.

For the most part as mentioned he sells a lot of PSI kits. However, he carries a lot of other items too that I could only find at his store. If you're looking for military stuff he's got a bunch of it. And he has a good selection of other non-military items. I've ordered some items in the past and they've been shipped quickly and well packed.

Dehn0045

Thanks for all of the info guys!

Don - I suspected a link to PSI, but it wasn't clear to me. Thanks!

Mal - Thanks for your thoughts! I think I'm going to try a variety and will report back to the group.

Tony - thanks for your input. I've heard nothing but good things about the owner. Definitely going to try a Poseidon, it looks like a nice Rollerball kit for the price, thanks for the heads-up on the drill sizes.

Fred - I did wonder a little about the all-metal threads. Thanks for the warning - probably will limit myself to only one or two of the tapa traveler in my first order.

Tom - I got interested by the unique variety, not stuff that everyone is turning. Someday I hope to branch out into kitless, but that won't be anytime soon, so for now it's kits for me. The Hawaiian themed stuff is particularly interesting to me - will pair nicely with some of the koa and mango blanks that I've been hoarding.

Top Bottom