Woodpenpro bushing and tube sizes chart

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
By chance does anybody have woodpenpro bushing sizes?
I looked at 27 complete supplier bushings list and didn't see it listed there .

Best regards,
Johnny

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210711-154235.png
    Screenshot_20210711-154235.png
    500.6 KB · Views: 85
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dehn0045

Is there a specific kit you're interested in? I have a few on and and can take measurements if you'd like.

Curly

Welcome Johnny.
You will find links on the home page for the bushing and tubes charts and phone app. Unfortunately that company isn't listed. The best you can do is to go to the websites of different pen kit sellers and look at every pen kit they sell. When you see one that looks closely like one of woodpenpro's kits look at it in the chart or app to get the information. They are probably the same kit with different names. Your other option is to send them a message asking for the information.

Bats

Another option, if you have the kit in hand, is to use a good set of calipers to measure the actual hardware where it meets the wood, which will often give you a more accurate target than going by the bushings (whether their actual or theoretical dimensions). Of course, sometimes that works better than others. On a kit like the Gatsby where the wood meets a bead on the hardware, it can be hard to tell just where to measure... but, by the same token, that sort of hardware also tends to allow for a wide range of sizes without looking/feeling wrong.

If, on the other hand, you're trying to look up bushing sizes to see which kits will work with the bushings you already have, that's no help at all, and you're probably stuck falling back on Curly's suggestion of hitting up the vendor for more data.

Is there a specific kit you're interested in? I have a few on and and can take measurements if you'd like.
Do you happen to have the foreman pen kit and the premium slender pen kit. Thinking these might be comparable to slimline?

Also, parkavenue, rookie, dignitary and designer are similar bushings, the owner responded back I email confirming this.
Do you happen to have a bushing set of any of those?

And lastly tapa Pacifica bushing set?

Thanks friend,
Johnny

Dehn0045

The only one of those that I have on hand is the Tapa Pacifica. I know that it's tube is essentially identical to the sierra, I will have to check the component diameters this evening, but I'd be surprised if it isn't very close to the Sierra.

My guess is the foreman/slender has a slightly larger center band than the slimline. The website notes that they are similar to the comfort kit without the soft grip. The pic on the website of the bushing shows that the center bushings looks a little bit wider.

egnald

Greetings from Nebraska - The only information I have on WoodPenPro items is that the PDF instructions for their pen kits does not work correctly on their web site. There is a comment however to send an email to jimmy@woodpenpro.com and he will reach out with instructions for the kits you need. Perhaps reach out to Jimmy to see if he can provide bushing diameters for the kits you need. - Dave

Dehn0045

I measured the Tapa Pacifica components to be 0.473 or so on both ends, I don't see a reason why Sierra (Berea Hardwoods) bushings wouldn't work.

Bats

I measured the Tapa Pacifica components to be 0.473 or so on both ends, I don't see a reason why Sierra (Berea Hardwoods) bushings wouldn't work.
The small (tube ID) diameter on the bushings could be relevant, too. Skimming the Exotic Blanks bushing & tube list (because I happened to have it open), most of their Sierraish styles use a .381" tube ID, but some (especially in the Le Roi series) have a .345" ID.

Dehn0045

The small (tube ID) diameter on the bushings could be relevant, too. Skimming the Exotic Blanks bushing & tube list (because I happened to have it open), most of their Sierraish styles use a .381" tube ID, but some (especially in the Le Roi series) have a .345" ID.

Sorry, I should have been more clear, I previously measured the tubes and posted results here: Post in thread 'Sierra STYLE Pen Kit Request' https://www.penturners.org/threads/sierra-style-pen-kit-request.170848/post-2126559

I think the measurements are consistent with 27/64 tube diameter, which I believe is the norm, but as you note it obviously isn't universal for 'sierra style' kits. The length also seems to be pretty darn close.

Top Bottom