wooden bangles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from penmaker1967

penmaker1967

hi guys i have a big 5 day show coming up at the end of the month and i am going to add wooden bangles to my inventory. has anyone sold these and what price would be good to put on them. they are mostly out of walnut any help will be helpful.
thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NYWoodturner

Todd;
I am selling my stainless for $75 and Copper for $100. Copper is my best seller, and I am in NY. Stainless is selling better in Colorado. Hope that helps.
Scott

penmaker1967

what you you guys suggest for a price on these i will have them at a 5 day show in denton that is called thyshers reunion

sbarton22

So, if you take out overhead, and let's call that $5, and they take you 2 hours a pop, you are sitting at about $10 an hour if you sell them for $25.

Lots of people will tell you not to do it that way, I just like to check that every once in a while to see if the item is worth the effort or time.

Give us a little more info on them. Are they segmented? made out of a singe chunk of wood? are they thick? are they angel hair pasta thin? what kind of finish?

Craftdiggity

5 bucks? where are you getting your bangle supplies from?

What supplies do you need? I use wood blanks which cost $5 at the very most as long as they are not segmented obviously, or I cast PR blanks for even less. For me, it is really just my time. I knock a bangle out in about 45 minutes nowadays.

I start my bangle pricing at $30 and go up from there depending upon the awesomeness of the piece. I tend to get more for my PR bangles than the wood ones.

Turned Around

if you use only wood, i can see the cost being that low. i was refering to the copper or chrome inserts. like what "bangle guy" sells

penmaker1967

they are out of a single chuck of wood mostly walnut with a few being out of tuilp popular they have a poly finsh . they are about 2'' thick is this enough info. i was thinking of 25 because i mostly do craft shows right now but i do have a big 5 day event that runs from june 30 and ends july 4th this one is a pretty upscale event.

Top Bottom