Cheer Woodcraft

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I got a card in the mail from Woodcraft a couple of weeks ago with a coupon for a free woodworking tool & a chance to enter a $250 gift card drawing - good only on Oct 3 & 4.

I thought they would likely only have some simple little tool like a center finder, drill sizer or something of that nature. Boy was I surprised when I stopped off at the store on my way home this evening - they had a tub with a nice variety of tools to choose from. I don't know how picked over it was by the time I got there, but there were still 3 brand new, unopened Hunter Turning Tools in the tub.

I selected this #1 Cup Hook Hollowing Tool - retail price about $100. This is exactly the type of tool that I had on my wish list. :)

Now fingers crossed for that drawing.....

Attachments

• Hunter1.jpg
    Hunter1.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 150
  • Hunter2.jpg
    Hunter2.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 148
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
WOW.... I never received such a card! lol

Make sure to get on their mailing list. I don't think every store participates in these things, but the Houston WC store does something like this about once a year. I won a Rockwell 3RILL Impact Driver there last year.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I forgot to mention - my local WC store has had a bargain tub of wood pen blanks for 25¢ ea for the last couple of weeks. I've picked out about 50 blanks during a couple of stops. Most of the blanks were unlabeled & unremarkable, but I managed to find several nice olivewood blanks, a nice Kauri blank with a $3.99 tag, a silky oak blank with a $2.99 tag and a number of nicely figured blanks - including a few spalted blanks.

Woodcraft prices may be a little higher sometimes, but there's a lot to be said for a convenient store that you can visit in person.

wyone

Well we have Woodcraft and we have Rockler.. and of course both are clear across town, but I have made the 30-45 minute trip more often than I probably should. :) Of course I make sure to.. um... have work in areas close to the stores when I need supplies.

Cmiles1985

It is nice to look at things in person. I have been to three Woodcraft stores, and each had a sale on something awesome! I'm surprised that I didn't have to pay extra for my luggage coming home from Milwaukee. I had about 50 pounds of wood in it out of the $2.50/# bin. It's mostly Lignum Vitae, Kingwood and Chechen! I also stocked up on acrylic shorts to the tune of $1.99 each (not a great deal, but at least I get to sort through them). My closest woodcraft is about 120 Miles from home. Judging by Edgar's post, I need to go to the office! It's only about a mile from that Woodcraft.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Clark, I work in Sugar Land & drive right by WC every day. Call me next time you're in Houston.

Dan Masshardt

I like my local woodcraft. They just moved into a bigger store and are having a grand opening this weekend. 15% off everything. And lots of demos. And free lunch and snacks.

And they always seem to have good monthly sales. Half off all Purpleheart this month. This big chunk for $10!

And they now have a wheelbarrow full of turning spindles etc for $3 a pound. after sake these spindles totaled just over $7

Attachments

• image-1120799641.jpg
    image-1120799641.jpg
    437.8 KB · Views: 113
  • image-4035165902.jpg
    image-4035165902.jpg
    491.4 KB · Views: 112

Cmiles1985

I received the same card in the mail today. Good for a free wood working tool on October 17 or 18 accompanied by a $25 off >$100 purchase coupon. Now, if only the specified (and closest) Woodcraft wasn't 159 Miles from my house...

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I received the same card in the mail today. Good for a free wood working tool on October 17 or 18 accompanied by a $25 off >$100 purchase coupon. Now, if only the specified (and closest) Woodcraft wasn't 159 Miles from my house...

Sounds like a good excuse for a trip to town

Cmiles1985

It's actually for the WC in San Antonio. A good friend of mine from first grade through now lives in San Antonio, and wanted a nice fountain pen made for his wife's birthday. We are working something out so that the coupons get used, and he gets something out of the deal :)

Cmiles1985

Maybe I should Jeer WC of San Antonio... Said friend went in there today, and called me since there was thought that a choice would have to be made. The free "woodworking tool" was a $0.50 basting brush! I'm so glad that I didn't drive all the way to San Antonio...there may have been some four letter words involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom