Woodcraft turning material??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ccccchunt

Hello everyone,

I turned this pen about 15 years ago and it still shines like it is 5 minutes old. It was turned from a material bought at my local Woodcraft in Honolulu, HI. I remember that the material came in sticks that were about 2 feet long and came in THIS color and also a grey/black/silver combo. I cannot for the life of me remember what this material is called. I have 1 stick of it left in my shed and was looking to maybe get some more since it takes a great shine and lasts forever. Does anyone know what this was called? I cannot find it on the Woodcraft website at all.

Thanks,
Chris

1606681856324.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EricRN

Yup. Definitely cebloplast. Good for you if you still have a rod. Tough (and pricey) stuff to find these days.

magpens

I don't remember that particular material. . It is very beautiful and I would love to have some !

I did purchase some blanks of various solid colors from Woodcraft. .

The material was called "Invisavue", also no longer available.

I would dearly like to get more of it in solid black and in solid white.

BTW ...... Warm welcome to IAP, Chris !!! . I see that you joined yesterday !! . :D :D

jalbert

Yes, this is cebloplast, a cellulose acetate manufactured by Mazzucchelli, and no longer made. I have a partial sheet of that particular pattern. As said earlier, remnants are still available on the market, but they are quite sparse and pricey. Turners workshop recently doubled their prices it seems. Occasionally some will pop up on here.

turnit2020

Exotic Blanks was the last place I saw any of that material. If any is availble Ed would know whrer it might be found.
Turncrazy43

Top Bottom