Woodcraft pen kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Doug NeSmith

So, anybody turned the Woodcraft 7mm Schmidt mechanism click pen? I tried and with the tubes that came with the kit, it wouldn't work. So I checked the IAP app and it listed different lengths for the tubes than what came with the kit. So, went back and got the "right tubes." Tried yet again and it still will not work. So, went back a second time and they said, "oh your blanks are too long." When I showed them the IAP app specs, "oh, you can't trust that." Well, the Woodcraft website/directions do not tell you the tube lengths so what the heck?

jttheclockman

hello Doug. First when you come to ask a question here, it helps us tremendously when you give us details. What is the kit called? Is this the kit?
https://www.amazon.com/WoodRiver-Style-Schmidt-Mechanism-Ballpoint/dp/B09TTM94V5

next tell us what is actually wrong> You say wrong size tubes. Which tube or tubes is wrong? What are you seeing? Is the nib not extending far enough? is the click not working. Did you install the parts correctly? If we see the instructions we maybe can help. Did you install the spring the correct way?

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
My apologies for the confusion with the Bushings & Tube app. I accidentally listed that Woodcraft kit twice under two slightly different names. One had the wrong tube dimensions and the other had the wrong instructions. I am in process of correcting those errors and will have an updated database with those corrections available tomorrow.

Unfortunately, Woodcraft does not publish the lengths of the tubes for the Schmidt clicker pen. If you have calipers available, please measure the tubes that came with your kit so I can update the specs in our database.

Edgar

Top Bottom