Woodcraft Oxford Pen Kit Instructions and Parts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rmiller

Hell everyone,

I need a little help. I am looking for the instructions for the Woodcraft Oxford Pen Kit (Sku# 129854). The instructions part number is 77B53. I also need to know which replacement tubes and bushings to purchase. The original part numbers are as follows, Bushings - 06R07, Tubes - 06S28.

So, I have all of the part numbers, but I cannot find them anywhere. Even if I had something that would crossover, I would be satisfied. So if anyone can help out with this information, I would greatly appreciate it.

God Bless and Stay Safe

Rodney

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Thanks, Rod. .

It is good to know that. . I bought some of those kits quite a few years ago. . Those pens are quite attractive.

I don't think Woodcraft ships instructions with the kits like PSI does, so I would not have instructions.

It would be nice if companies would continue to host instructions on their websites even after the kits have been discontinued.

Jehster1

All of these have the same upper and lower tube dimensions as the Oxford Twist:
Flat Top American Elite Twist BP (Berea)
Flat Top American Twist .7mm Pencil (Berea)
Flat Top American Twist BP (Berea)
Flat Top American Twist BP - Hybrid (Berea)
Flat Top American Double Twist BP (Berea)
Flat Top American Double Twist Hybrid BP (Berea)
Flat Top Twist .7mm Pencil (Berea)
Flat Top Twist BP (Berea)
Classic American Twist .7mm Pencil
Classic American Twist BP
Oxford Twist BP

Most likely the Flat Top Twist ones are the same kits just named slightly differently from the distributor.
If you can't find any of those, the Diameter for both Upper and Lower tubes are 0.311" and the length for both are 2.01". The upper bushing flush diameter is 0.495" and the lower is 0.397". If you get the proper diameter tubes you can cut them to fit I'd imagine (although there is a slight chance that the tube wall thickness may be different) and as for the bushings you can turn between centers and micrometer the size.

rmiller

All of these have the same upper and lower tube dimensions as the Oxford Twist:
Flat Top American Elite Twist BP (Berea)
Flat Top American Twist .7mm Pencil (Berea)
Flat Top American Twist BP (Berea)
Flat Top American Twist BP - Hybrid (Berea)
Flat Top American Double Twist BP (Berea)
Flat Top American Double Twist Hybrid BP (Berea)
Flat Top Twist .7mm Pencil (Berea)
Flat Top Twist BP (Berea)
Classic American Twist .7mm Pencil
Classic American Twist BP
Oxford Twist BP

Most likely the Flat Top Twist ones are the same kits just named slightly differently from the distributor.
If you can't find any of those, the Diameter for both Upper and Lower tubes are 0.311" and the length for both are 2.01". The upper bushing flush diameter is 0.495" and the lower is 0.397". If you get the proper diameter tubes you can cut them to fit I'd imagine (although there is a slight chance that the tube wall thickness may be different) and as for the bushings you can turn between centers and micrometer the size.

Thank you, Charlie. This should work out great.

Rodney

eharri446

If you still need the instructions send me a PM and I will send them to you. It does have the measurements for the tubes and bushings on them.

Here is the information on the bushings and tubes:
Bushings: Item 145233 Model HART DBLTWST BUSHNG
Tubes: Item 149160 Model 0302A/TUBES(5)

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Do you have the IAP Bushings and Tubes app? Both the PSI and the Woodcraft instructions for that kit are in the app.

magpens

Roy, thanks for posting these instructions for the Woodcraft Oxford pen kit.

Is the "Wayback Machine" a place where you can look for old documents, such as this one for a discontinued pen kit ?

budnder

Roy, thanks for posting these instructions for the Woodcraft Oxford pen kit.

Is the "Wayback Machine" a place where you can look for old documents, such as this one for a discontinued pen kit ?

Wayback is an archive of old pages. It's obviously not complete, but for more popular websites it tends to have decent coverage. I'm not sure if there even is a search function or if it's very good. I don't think google indexes it - I don't think I've ever had a google search point me at Wayback. Also, not every "deep link" will be there, though usually the first level or two of a site is there. I just looked at a 2006 version of Woodcraft's website, found the Oxford and then the link on that page for the instructions.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Wayback is an archive of old pages. It's obviously not complete, but for more popular websites it tends to have decent coverage. I'm not sure if there even is a search function or if it's very good. I don't think google indexes it - I don't think I've ever had a google search point me at Wayback. Also, not every "deep link" will be there, though usually the first level or two of a site is there. I just looked at a 2006 version of Woodcraft's website, found the Oxford and then the link on that page for the instructions.

Quite correct. I have used Wayback to locate many instructions for discontinued pen kits in order to include them in the Bushings & Tubes app, including the Oxford kit.

It's not a simple archive to navigate, and it's far from complete, but I have found it to be quite useful at times.

rmiller

Sorry for not replying sooner everyone. My Fibromyalgia has been acting up lately because of the crappy weather we have been having. I greatly appreciate everyone's reply. You have been a tremendous help.

Top Bottom