Woodcraft 8mm Vari Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ccccchunt

So, I haven't turned pens in about 15 years and started back up again. I figured I would dig out some of my old kits out of storage and I found these. The package says Vari 8mm pen kit from Woodcraft but I cannot find any instructions on their website.
Closest I have found is the Hart Double twist pen and all the pieces look the same.

Thought I would ask here before I break out my micrometer and start measuring pieces.....

Any ideas if these are the same?

Attachments

• IMG_1748.jpg
    IMG_1748.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 80
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drewby108

Granted, I haven't been doing this for very long; but all my searches, including through the names of retired kits, vari never came up. I'm wondering if it was short for variety, like it had multiple kits in a bigger bag or something?

ccccchunt

Granted, I haven't been doing this for very long; but all my searches, including through the names of retired kits, vari never came up. I'm wondering if it was short for variety, like it had multiple kits in a bigger bag or something?
Well. I just found the bushings for it. So tomorrow will most likely give it a shot and see what happens!!!

ccccchunt

YES. They are the same!! 8mm Vari must have been a generic name while they waited for final design to come out. Nice pen though. Double twist so works like a Cigar pen but smaller pen.

Attachments

• IMG_1780.jpg
    IMG_1780.jpg
    464.9 KB · Views: 69
Top Bottom