Cheer Woodchuck lathe tools

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

bking0217

I received a Woodchuck Pen Pro in the mail today (12/19/11) for an early Christmas present. It was ordered by a family member last Wednesday and was told it would ship on Friday and I would have it by the following Wednesday. Today is Monday and it's here. Ken has made an excellent tool. I turned 3 pens today, 2 polyester resin and 1 corian. The Pen Pro did a superb job leaving a glass-smooth finish on the resin blanks and I was able to go straight to MM after turning. On the corian is where the WPP really shined. It cut throught it like a hot knife through butter. Once again, I was able to go straight to MM after turning.

In a nutshell, The Pen Pro is a tool I should've bought a long time ago.

JohnU

I agree! Ken created an awesome tool! I recently had some blanks to turn down that we're made of a very hard alternative material. They were taking a long time and really eating up my gouge and skew. I had resharpened three times to get one pen done. Ive been hesitant about wearing down the wood chuck so I was only using it when I really had too. Man was I wrong thinking this. I decided to give the woodchuck a try and really sliced right through those blanks, saving me hours. The best part is after 15 blanks, that thing is still going sharp and strong. I only wish I had pulled it out sooner. Lol. I recommend everyone having one in their shop. Great tool Ken!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom