Woodchuck Carbide Inserts.......

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

aggromere

I don't know if they are, but I think they are. I keep all my inserts (have both tools) in one plastic box and they all look the same.

Padre

From another recent thread, bitshird, the maker of the Woodchuck pro said "all 3 of my 15 mm inserts will work on the Ci1 I'm not sure about the size on the Ci2, if it uses a 14mm square then our original inserts will fit, but my round inserts won't work with the Ci0"

DavePowers

How does the Woodchuck compare with Easy Wood Tools?
The Easy tool states 20 hours per cutter what are you geting out of the Woodchuck?
I have been looking at both but the local woodcraft never has any in stock but has them on sale.

Dave

Padre

Dave,
I don't go by hours, I go by sharpness and what material I am using.

You get 4 cutting surfaces with 1 insert. I turn mine when they are not 'scary sharp' anymore.

Turing wood they last a long time. Turning acrylics, not so much. Turning tru-stone they dull much quicker.

ashaw

I only use the pen pro from Woodchuck. I can get about 50+ pens in acrylics or true stone before I need to turn the insert. It is worth it's weight in gold.

bitshird

the inserts will last a long time, if Craig says 20 hours ask on what kind of material, I turned 15, 8 inch Ash handles today and 6 yesterday and the insert face I started with is still pretty sharp, Ash is not a fun wood to cut, I start with a piece 1-5/8th square and you can see what the handles look like here. I think a fairer assessment would be how fast and hard are you cutting, and how hard is the material you are cutting. JMHO. the Woodchuck inserts are great or I wouldn't sell them!!

Attachments

• pen-pro-handles.jpg
    pen-pro-handles.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 206

ctubbs

Personal experience; before I bought my Woodchuck, I called Ken. He was busy in the shop but took his time to comment on each and every question I had. Subsuquently (sp) all his answers have been proven correct. His phone number is posted and he answers it himself. It is real hard to get that kind of response from a large company or most dealers. All in all, I recomend him and his tool very highly. Besides all that, he is a member of the IAP and regular contributer. Just my $0.02.
Charles

Top Bottom