Mini Review Wood Vendor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WalkOn

Got Wood? LLC

I've been looking for a vendor that had a good selection of bowl and spindle blanks and that priced them within my range, so, thought I'd give these folks a try. Placed my order Sunday, arrived today (Thursday) and was real pleased with the wood I'd received. It was well figured, looks good, cut right. Also, since they were having a sale on walnut – helped me stock up on that for a while. I bought kiln dried wood, but could have gone with green wood to save a few bucks. I also found their website easy to navigate, they provide some interesting instructional information and they have good package tracking, and as mentioned - nice wood. So, if you are unfamiliar with these folks you might want to check them out. I was very pleased with my purchase.

Kev

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Great link!

Earlier this year I passed through Georgia and bought some timber at Case Woodworking (which is a distributor for Got Wood). I was very impressed with what I bought, but Case does not ship, so I am glad for this info.

Great Bowl & spindle blanks.

Drewboy22

Just made an order :) Thanks for the review

So how did it work out for you? Ok I hope.

Kev

Worked out great!! I got my order on Monday! Everything was packed well and labeled. I am pleased.

I will add though, when they say that the wood is not dry, they mean that it is soaking wet. I started roughing out a lidded pot and I think I could have squeezed water out of the shavings. That piece is now drying and I may even put it in the oven if I get to impatient, lol.

Top Bottom