Wood + Rose Gold Leveche

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vavavallay

vavavallay

So this one was supposed to be for a friend but since the wood and finish cracked, it will be for me. Appropriate since these are a few of my favorite woods: Purple Heart, Walnut Burl, Bubinga, Zebrawood, and Holly. The kit is a Beaufort Leveche (turners warehouse). This is the second one I have turned and so far the quality of these kits is excellent.

IMG-5259.jpgIMG-5288.jpg

The mysterious crack... well, I dislodged a trapped bushing inside the barrel using a vice grip, disassembly punch and hammer - crude but effective. After studying the splinter shape, I was inspired by the art of kintsugi as a way to highlight the cracks. I carefully filled each crack with Gold Hampshire sheen using a q-tip and about 8 coats of CA.

Thanks for looking! Hope you all are enjoying the fall season. Pretending to from California because we don't have seasons here.

Looking forward to smocks and the holidays - keep all the great pens and inspiration coming!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Very nice pen !!

Keep on showing us your work ... you might just inspire me to try a (what's-the-name-of-it) pen kit !!! :D

Alan Morrison

The Leveche from Beaufort Ink is one of my favourite kits, so I'm with you on that.
Well done with the Kintsugi repair.
Alan

Top Bottom