Wood ID?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

I purchased this a while back, hand picked from a box labeled Mora. It seems a bit dark for Mora, though. Any thoughts? Most people won't buy it based on the wood type, but based on visual appeal, but I like to be accurate in my descriptions.

pri2.jpg
blank.jpg

Dehn0045

My guess is the ID is correct, but it might be a different "mora" than you are thinking. A quick search I found that Argentine Osage Orange (Maclura tinctoria) is called Mora, but this is almost definitely NOT Argentine Osage Orange. But Guatemalan Tigerwood (inga spp.) is another wood that is also called Mora, what you have looks almost identical to the one source that I found.

sorcerertd

My guess is the ID is correct, but it might be a different "mora" than you are thinking. A quick search I found that Argentine Osage Orange (Maclura tinctoria) is called Mora, but this is almost definitely NOT Argentine Osage Orange. But Guatemalan Tigerwood (inga spp.) is another wood that is also called Mora, what you have looks almost identical to the one source that I found.

That works for me. Thanks! I looked there (always my first stop for wood info), but missed the Guatemalan variety.

Dehn0045

Yeah, it looks like Cook Woods uses the "mora" name for the Guatemalan variety, so I guess that is a possible source

Top Bottom