Wonder Woman, Shadow Opal and some donations

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

I finally took the time to make a few pens from some of my casts for some of my annual donations. I haven't poste much lately so I thought I'd share how these turned out.

The first is thistle pods in colored resin. The second is clear cast Amherst and Silver Pheasant feathers Jr Statesman. The third is clear cast Ringneck Pheasant feathers. The fourth is a Wonder Woman watch face clear cast over the American Flag on and the last one is a new Opal color called "Shadow" both on Diamond Knurl sets. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_2391.jpg
    IMG_2391.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 174
  • Amherst.jpg
    Amherst.jpg
    463.2 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_2387.jpg
    IMG_2387.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 155
  • WonderWoman.jpg
    WonderWoman.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 150
  • Shadow.jpg
    Shadow.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 178
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RichAldrich

I finally took the time to make a few pens from some of my casts for some of my annual donations. I haven't poste much lately so I thought I'd share how these turned out.

The first is thistle pods in colored resin. The second is clear cast Amherst and Silver Pheasant feathers Jr Statesman. The third is clear cast Ringneck Pheasant feathers. The fourth is a Wonder Woman watch face clear cast over the American Flag on and the last one is a new Opal color called "Shadow" both on Diamond Knurl sets. Thanks for looking.
I won another thistle pod blank on the losers train!!! Partially turned it yesterday and applied CA. Ring necked pheasant blank was used for my PITH. Now resides in Texas.

NJturner

Love your castings, but after this, I might suggest you turn more of them yourself! These are really excellent - great selection matching the blanks to the pen kits.

Kevin

JohnU

Thanks for all the comments! That thistle is a bit challenging to turn but worth the extra effort in the end. I need to cast more of them especially since I alway wish I would have kept it after it's gone…. The same with the Amherst pheasant. This one is going to the AAW June Symposium raffle. Wonder Woman was just an experiment to see how the flag background worked with the watch face. I was lucky to get a good supply of those watch faces to play with.
Now I just need more time to play. 😁

Top Bottom