Wisconsin Hardwoods - Hickory, Maple and Walnut

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hilltopper46

hilltopper46

Here is a pen made from three common woods here in the northern US. The finish is CA/BLO - not worked down to my usual standards. 24K Gold Patriot from CSUSA.

BTW, I hate this kit - I hadn't made one for a couple years and now I remember why.

1_IMGP1153.jpg

Attachments

• IMGP1160.JPG
    IMGP1160.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimB

The pen looks great. I'm not a huge fan of the kit but every one I've made (Atlas from Woodcraft, same pen) has sold or been scooped up as a give-away. I think because it shows so much wood.

hilltopper46

Thanks for the nice comments on the pen.

As far as the kit, I should explain - I can take or leave the kit on looks, but I have trouble feeling/knowing how far to press in the transmission. Plus, in at least one instance, a customer dropped one on its point and the transmission stopped working. Finally, I haven't figured out how to get the transmission out of the sleeve that retains the clip without ruining something.

So for this pen, I now have another orphaned kit with no transmission and clip sleeve.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Great looking work. Many people try but few get perfect balance in the segments. You did! Your eye for detail, skill and precision shows.

Top Bottom