Wire thread pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
In this thread I showed how I made threads from stainless steel welding rod wire. Although it worked out and looks funky, it is completely impractical due to the cap size. The body itself is ok sizewise, but the threads in the cap forced me to make it so big. Looks like this is gonna have to be a desk pen:rolleyes:
Bit of fun but hope you like:biggrin:
Any comments or criticism welcome ( Just don't tell me that the cap is too big:tongue:)

Attachments

• capped1.jpg
    capped1.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 407
  • open3.jpg
    open3.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I believe if you made the cap a little bit larger you could sell it as a baton/pen. Good for laying about the head and shoulders of malicious evil doers and small children, then writing them up for the proper authorities.

sefali

I like it. I just think it's a shame the pen name "Guardian" is already taken. :tongue:
On a serious note, why not make a base for it?

Mark

I think it's cool.

Just a thought: either broaden the cap to act as a base for the (desk) pen, or slim it down sort of cone like. (From the threads on up), to follow the lines of the nib.

That's if you really don't like the cap. I think it's neat.

Last edited:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I think the entire pen is great Steve. I think you are just such a great guy with a great sense of humor that we all want to rib you....it's like irresistible! :biggrin:

Yeah, yeah, yeah.....rub salt in my wounds why don't you:tongue:

This was really just to try out the concept of the add-on threads. I think with even thinner wire and appropriately ground cutters, this might work much better. I'll have to dig around in my Rat Cave and see what I can find:biggrin:

Even though the 'billy club' is pretty big, it's surprisingly light. The cap is bang on 20grams and the pen is 37grams.
I was thinking of base mounting it, but I think I'll wait till I get it nicer first

Right.....I'm off to bed and cry myself to sleep:tongue::biggrin:

David Keller

I think the coolness of the threads more than makes up for any proportion issues related to the cap. I'd carry it with pride.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Skippy!

The damn caps to

BIG!

It is past tense, so the damn should be damned. There is only one cap so it should be cap's. It isn't to, it's too, not to or two but too.
Gee Roy, if you're going to give me a hard time, then at least get it right!!!!:tongue::biggrin:

LOL:biggrin:

chriselle

It is past tense, so the damn should be damned. There is only one cap so it should be cap's. It isn't to, it's too, not to or two but too.
Gee Roy, if you're going to give me a hard time, then at least get it right!!!!:tongue::biggrin:

LOL:biggrin:

You know Steven that has got to be one of the coolest front sections I have ever seen. You are one of the best!!

That said...

As a whole pen, I feel it's missing something my friend....hmm...but what??

I got it....

Chisel-2.jpg

Like Rodney Dangerfield....."No Respect":biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Seriously, awesome work!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
ROFL!!!! :biggrin:Chris, I hate you!!!!! I just snorted my beer and my nose is burning like mad!!!!:eek::biggrin:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Et tu, Bruce:confused::biggrin:

I think you need to speak to Ed and Dawn. They are the ones that have a thing for sheep:biggrin::mad::biggrin:

angboy

I really like how the pen material shows through under the threads. I could never imagine making something like that myself, but I am in awe of those who can!

Rfturner

I thionk that it wouold make a nice desk set where the cap always remains down, It is another great use of your creativity. Noone can ever say that your pens are not original

Top Bottom