Winter is Coming

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hmmmm,

Human's have huge ego's. The sun itself is a fly spec in the Milky Way and the Milky Way is a fly spec in the Universe. Earth is a fly spec in the Solar System with humans as fly specs on Earth and have the awful audacity to think that we can control the climate when we can barely even predict the weather much less control it.

PeetyInMich

And here I thought (was actually told) that we "humans" are warming the Earth! When some new scheme comes along and "suggests" that the Sun is responsible for the energy that the Earth receives. This runs counter to all that I have been told by my local, and national news agencies. We must somehow increase taxes, and decrease the standard of living to get the Sun back to its "normal" intensity. I hope that the worlds governments are working on a plan to turn up the sun so that we can get the warming trend back on track before the "unwashed masses" begin to doubt the words of our overlords. <sarcasm>

leaycraft

Well as a biologist who teaches Environmental Science, let me posit a few thoughts .
1. The CO2 concentration has increased world wide.
2. The CO2 rise matches (coincides) with increase fossil fuel usage- direct correlation
3. The overall temperature of the planet has risen in correlation with CO2 levels and the el Nino effect matches fairly well.

Conclusion- The CO2 rise has effected global temperatures

Heres where it gets everybody polarized- What does it mean?

Realizing from Ice Core analysis that the earth has a looooooog term warming /heating cycle, a huge hot molten core, reversing magnetic poles. We have a dilemma.
Is CO@ responsible alone for warming?
Is it a natural warming cycle we just got caught in?
Could it be that humans with increased fossil fuel use have "enhanced' a natural warming cycle ? ( This is what I tend to go with BTW)

Multi-variate analysis supports the combination effect.

Now there is evidence as the OP stated of a "Maunder Minimum" effect- no to low sunspots. Resource- go to Spaceweather.com
This is associated with a "Little Ice Age".

If you really want to see how one effect changes climate, look up the "year without a summer". 1816 when it snowed in New England in July!

I hope everyone here in the NE is enjoying a beautiful day- blue skys and no clouds, clear crisp---- and of course the 10" of snow in my yard.

thanks for reading-john

wildbill23c

Banned
Oh, so really its just been one of the many different weather cycles that naturally occur every so many years. Who woulda thought that when I said its just a natural weather cycle would have been true when they started the "Global Warming" nonsense several years ago.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Well as a biologist who teaches Environmental Science, let me posit a few thoughts .
1. The CO2 concentration has increased world wide.
2. The CO2 rise matches (coincides) with increase fossil fuel usage- direct correlation
3. The overall temperature of the planet has risen in correlation with CO2 levels and the el Nino effect matches fairly well.

Conclusion- The CO2 rise has effected global temperatures

Heres where it gets everybody polarized- What does it mean?

Realizing from Ice Core analysis that the earth has a looooooog term warming /heating cycle, a huge hot molten core, reversing magnetic poles. We have a dilemma.
Is CO@ responsible alone for warming?
Is it a natural warming cycle we just got caught in?
Could it be that humans with increased fossil fuel use have "enhanced' a natural warming cycle ? ( This is what I tend to go with BTW)

Multi-variate analysis supports the combination effect.

Now there is evidence as the OP stated of a "Maunder Minimum" effect- no to low sunspots. Resource- go to Spaceweather.com
This is associated with a "Little Ice Age".

If you really want to see how one effect changes climate, look up the "year without a summer". 1816 when it snowed in New England in July!

I hope everyone here in the NE is enjoying a beautiful day- blue skys and no clouds, clear crisp---- and of course the 10" of snow in my yard.

thanks for reading-john
I am not alone in believing that statement is not factual for more reasons than I'm going to take the time to list here. Suffice to say that the tracking of temperature and CO2 rise in this century is far from a good corolation..witness the last 15 years when CO2 levels have continued to rise and calculated global temperature has flat liined.

edstreet

I will bet that if you compared those temp rises against the average number of people with room temperature iq you can also find a direct relationship as well.

So what does this mean :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Top Bottom