FIRST PLACE - ENTRY #1 - Carl Fisher - $150 worth of Brooks Blanks

110465d1392953413-russ-fairfield-mmsc-finals-voting-01_1.jpg

SECOND PLACE - ENTRY #14 - Sylvanite - $100 worth of Brooks Blanks

110474d1392953620-russ-fairfield-mmsc-finals-voting-14_1.jpg

THIRD PLACE - ENTRY #31 - rholiday - $75 worth of Brooks Blanks

110477d1392953685-russ-fairfield-mmsc-finals-voting-31_2.jpg

FOURTH PLACE - ENTRY #7 - Reddwil - $50 worth of Brooks Blanks

110469d1392953499-russ-fairfield-mmsc-finals-voting-07_2.jpg

All winners will contacted in the next 24 hours regarding prize logistics. Congratulations.

Ed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

Great looking pens!! Just goes to show you what can be done with an inexpensive pen kit if you put your mind to it. Jim S

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Booooo! My pen didnt win.:mad:

Oh thats right I didnt enter a pen.:eek: I guess you cant win if you dont enter.:biggrin:

How ever some really great pens did win and there is some great talent showing. Congratulations to all the winning Entries!

Ed McDonnell

I get pewter blanks Right??

After consulting with the pen directorate of the IOC, it was determined that 4th place awards would most appropriately be made from cement (not pewter or titanium as previously discussed). You've actually won beautiful Brooks Blanks, but if you would prefer cement blanks I'm sure we could work out a deal. :biggrin:

Ed

Last edited:

reddwil

After consulting with the pen directorate of the IOC, it was determined that 4th place awards would most appropriately be made from cement (not pewter or titanium as previously discussed). You've actually won beautiful Brooks Blanks, but if you would prefer cement blanks I'm sure we could work out a deal. :biggrin:

Ed

I will take the Brooks Blanks. I don't want to have to retool for cement.

Great Pens guys, congratulations to all the participants and the winners. Guys like you make the novices want to do better and more creative work. You'll are just too good.

Great Jobs

Ed McDonnell

Ed

I will take the Brooks Blanks. I don't want to have to retool for cement.

Are you sure? I probably have a cement trowel laying around somewhere that I could send you.........:wink:

Ed

Ed McDonnell

Great Pens guys, congratulations to all the participants and the winners. Guys like you make the novices want to do better and more creative work. You'll are just too good.

Great Jobs

Are we going to see you in the contest next year Jim? Plenty of time to get one ready if you start now!

Ed

My skills and artistic ability are very lacking to compete at this level. I am more in line with the under 14 year old competition. Maybe if I work hard I can enter for the challenge.

Ed McDonnell

My skills and artistic ability are very lacking to compete at this level. I am more in line with the under 14 year old competition. Maybe if I work hard I can enter for the challenge.

Having a goal of entering the contest next year could be just the thing to help push you up to the next level. Go for it!

Ed

Dan Masshardt

I can't really claim a success story as I finished fifth, but I had never modified a slimline at all before making the pen for this contest.

Ordered a closed end mandrel and gave it a go.

It can't hurt to try. Go for it!

walshjp17

Congratulations to all the winners and participants. Your work is outstanding.

Note: Two of the four winners are members of the Carolina Piedmont Penturners Chapter - Carl Fisher and Bob Holiday. Way to go guys! Bring your winning entries to the March 13 meeting for all to ogle.

rholiday

Thanks to all the contributors to the contest -- it is a great group of pens.

Thanks also to the voters - whether for my pen or any of the others. I was happy just to get to the finals, let alone the number three spot -- thanks.

Of course, thanks to Ed (Parklandturner) for all the time and effort he put into this contest.

And finally, thanks to Brooks Blanks for sponsoring the contest -- thanks Jonathon.

Thanks again,

Bob

reddwil

All the pens were fantastic and I think would have made Russ extremely proud. Can't wait to see where the Bar gets set for next year. Although I managed to pull in the 4th place slot, I am very humbled for all those that voted. Very happy to be getting some more Brooks blanks, and thanks for the sponsorship Jonathan. ( can you make at least one Pewter :)) And a special thanks to Ed for running such a fun and entertaining Contest. Outstanding job. Congrats to all who entered, your all winners in my book.

Brian G

Way to go top 5 finishers!

This was a great contest. Thanks to Jonathon for sponsoring it, Ed for running it, and the peanut gallery for the bizarre commentary.

Top Bottom