WINNERS.......Pen Stand / Pen Box Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gimpy

Good Day Folks,

We had three folks entry the contest, and all are entries are "out sie the box"

A job well done by all !!!!

3rd Place..............with a Pen Box was created by John Terefenko (aka) jttheclockman

John won
 3rd place BOB form Mike Broberg $50 value which he gracefully donated his winnings to Sharon (aka) sbwertz to be used for the blind center
Thank you John for your gracious donate 24 votes

attachment.php

2nd Place
........with a Pen Stand was Terefenko (aka) jttheclockman

John won 2nd place form
 2nd Place: $50 Gift Certificate from R and B, and $25 gift certificate from Woodturningz and again he gracefully donated his winnings to Sharon (aka) sbwertz to be used for the blind center
Thank you John for your gracious donate 51 votes

attachment.php

1st Place Pen Stand is Pierre Bouillot (aka) PIERRE....Pierre won
 1st Place: Blank Package from Brownsfan2 $85.00 value, and a $25 Gift certificate from Alumilite 65 votes

attachment.php

CONGRATS to ALL

Attachments

• Copy_of_IMGP0320__1550379375_41316.jpg
    Copy_of_IMGP0320__1550379375_41316.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 521
  • Copy_of_IMGP0356__1550377857_25942.jpg
    Copy_of_IMGP0356__1550377857_25942.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 474
  • IMG_7895.jpg
    IMG_7895.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 514
Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

First and foremost I would like to congratulate Pierre for his excellent example of all the different turning techniques possible on a lathe. You are a very skilled craftsman. That is truely a beautiful pen stand and a well deserved win. Have to admit I had to look your name up. I see you just joined in January. (if I got the right person) Welcome to the site. Nice way to break in. Hope you give us some insight as to the making of this and your thoughts and also a little bio on yourself. Judging from what we see here you are talented and hope to see more of your work in the future.

As for me I would like to thank those that voted for my projects. I thank the donors for the gracious donations.

I will post these projects in the Pen Stand/ Pen Box forum with a little write-up about them. This will be my last year of entering this contest and any other contests in the future. It has been enjoyable from the planning stage to construction. There is alot of work that goes into things like this. I hope there were a few of you who enjoyed seeing some of my work. Thanks again. :):)

PenPal

First and foremost I would like to congratulate Pierre for his excellent example of all the different turning techniques possible on a lathe. You are a very skilled craftsman. That is truely a beautiful pen stand and a well deserved win. Have to admit I had to look your name up. I see you just joined in January. (if I got the right person) Welcome to the site. Nice way to break in. Hope you give us some insight as to the making of this and your thoughts and also a little bio on yourself. Judging from what we see here you are talented and hope to see more of your work in the future.

As for me I would like to thank those that voted for my projects. I thank the donors for the gracious donations.

I will post these projects in the Pen Stand/ Pen Box forum with a little write-up about them. This will be my last year of entering this contest and any other contests in the future. It has been enjoyable from the planning stage to construction. There is alot of work that goes into things like this. I hope there were a few of you who enjoyed seeing some of my work. Thanks again. :):)

I have known and admired Pierres prowess,he is a dedicated Craftsman of world repute and I personally seek out his contributions here and elsewhere. I accept the quality without the desire to know how from anyone. His gifts are hard one and where he lives this example is the norm amongst his peers.A little while back he collaborated with his faceting on pens using hand tools on this forum.

John I enjoyed your entry as well.

Kind regards Pierre........... Peter.

Pierre---

Thanks for your votes, much honnored.

About making the stand, I mainly used the Sorby spiralling tool for decoration, in any possible way I know. and the temple voult is turnded on five axis to get a nice architectural shape.

John T, I am not such a newbie on the forum, I presented my first work years ago here, and I am not unknown in kitless contests of this year and others... I am afraid Peter (Penpal) exagerated my repute, but I do think that turning tricky things helps a lot for turning pens.

jttheclockman

Thanks for your votes, much honnored.

About making the stand, I mainly used the Sorby spiralling tool for decoration, in any possible way I know. and the temple voult is turnded on five axis to get a nice architectural shape.

John T, I am not such a newbie on the forum, I presented my first work years ago here, and I am not unknown in kitless contests of this year and others... I am afraid Peter (Penpal) exagerated my repute, but I do think that turning tricky things helps a lot for turning pens.

OK I did have the wrong person and the dashes after your name are important to find you. As they say my bad.:):) I checked out some of your past work and yes you are talented so that part is correct. Again congrats. :):)

Top Bottom