Winners of the Pretty Wood Pen Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
We have our winners.
In third place with 32.8 % of the votes.
Pen #7 made by Edgar!
The wood is Spalted She Oak - it is not stabilized
Pen kit is a Magnetic Zen RB

pw pen 9a.jpg

Edgar wins blanks from BobF -$40

In second place with 44.8% of the votes.
Pen #6 made by Keith Sizemore (KLJ)
-Peppercorn burl on a black Panache with CA finish
pw pen 2b.jpg

Kieth wins pen blanks fromOhio Penworks -$55 and a BOB from Karl99

AAnd In First place with 60.3% of the votes.
Pen #9 made by Fred Bruche
Honduras rosewood (burl)
The hardware is Blingless Harvest

pw pen 13a.jpg

Fred wins some stuff too.
A sterling silver pen kit from silver pen parts. -$100

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred Bruche

Thank you all for the votes!
@jttheclockman I was expecting a couple of entries to use this kit, looks like I'm the only one that tried this year. I'll watch my back for the upcoming BASHs though... šŸ˜…

Last edited:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Looks like I won't have to jostle for a seat on the Loser's Train this year. Thanks to all who voted for my pen and thanks to the donors for the prizes.

I had high hopes when I first made this pen, but when I saw all the other fantastic entries, I was happy just to make the final round. Placing out of those top 10 entries is a special honor.

Congratulations Keith & Fred. Well done!

Thanks for running this contest, Mike.

magpens

Congratulations to you winners !!!

Thanks to all who entered and made this an extremely interesting contest !!!

Thanks to you Mike Redburn for doing a great job of convening this contest !!!

KLJ

Thank you to all that gave the prizes, voted and labored to make this possible. There was a lot of pretty wood in this contest. I was glad to make the top ten, and honored to have placed. Thanks again to all that voted for my pen.
Thank you Edgar for your kind words.
And Fred your pen makes me want to try the blingless harvest.

Fred Bruche

Thank you to all that gave the prizes, voted and labored to make this possible. There was a lot of pretty wood in this contest. I was glad to make the top ten, and honored to have placed. Thanks again to all that voted for my pen.
Thank you Edgar for your kind words.
And Fred your pen makes me want to try the blingless harvest.

Get some while you can Keith. I exchanged emails with Timberbits last year, when the stock is gone they won't stock the kit again :)

jttheclockman

Get some while you can Keith. I exchanged emails with Timberbits last year, when the stock is gone they won't stock the kit again :)
I have some and was suppose to try one after I saw your winner from last year that looked the same. They do make a nice kit and you can add your own touch here and there.

CREID

Looks like I won't have to jostle for a seat on the Loser's Train this year. Thanks to all who voted for my pen and thanks to the donors for the prizes.

I had high hopes when I first made this pen, but when I saw all the other fantastic entries, I was happy just to make the final round. Placing out of those top 10 entries is a special honor.

Congratulations Keith & Fred. Well done!

Thanks for running this contest, Mike.
You turn pens?????

Fred Bruche

Congratulations to all who entered, there was some great looking timber on display.
Fred, that piece of HRB is amazing, extra congrats to you for making it even more amazinger, that's an awesome looking pen.
Thank you Brad! I got a couple of call blank-size of HRB from a seller at a Facebook group, this is old stock he assembled 25 years ago or so. Not sure what he paid for it back then but it was probably a good investment given today's prices.

Top Bottom