Winners of the Advanced Beautiful Pen Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Ladies and Gentlemen, Children of all ages, both by age and by action!

WE have the winners of the Advanced Beautiful Pen Contest, hosted by Exotic Blanks! Thank you Ed and Dawn!

Without further ado

3rd Place Winner!

With 37 votes By Ed McDonnell- Parklandturner

Pen 15

Midnight Blue resin inlaid with pearlescent blue/green resin, reminiscent of abalone. Inlay elements are as small as 1/32 of an inch. Clear coated with clear casting polyester resin.

110407d1392873669-voting-advanced-beautiful-pen-contest-sponsored-exotic-blanks-show-off-2.jpg

3rd place prizes are
$75.00 gift certificate from Exotic Blanks

2nd Place Winner

With 52 votes by Chris Hendrick - Hendu3270

Pen 12

Nouveau Sceptre Roller Ball(Rhodium and 22kt Gold finish). This pen is turned in Blue dyed Buckeye Burl and white Corian segments, separated with brass. Cap has a brass mosaic insert centered upon segmented intersection. Both ends also have custom finials turned from white corian with smaller mosaic inserts. Finish is CA.

110399d1392873003-voting-advanced-beautiful-pen-contest-sponsored-exotic-blanks-chrh-3.jpg

Second place prize is
$100.00 gift certificate from exotic blanks.

And in

First Place

With 84 votes by Yaroslav Kaminskiy - Yaorslav

Pen 5

"Kitless fountain pen, made from damascus steel and titanium. Damascus rod was forged for me by local blacksmith from a steel wire rope, finial and centerbands turned from titanium rod, clip made with a dremel from 1.5mm titanium sheet. All titanium parts anodized, all joints threaded. Bock feed and holder with Heritance #6 nib."

110373d1392870594-voting-advanced-beautiful-pen-contest-sponsored-exotic-blanks-lark-2.jpg

First place prize is
$150.00 gift certificate from Exotic Blanks

Congratulations to all our winning entries and to all who entered the contests!

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ed McDonnell

I thought the first place pen was pretty impressive when I first saw it. Now that I know that it was made during the early stages of a revolution I'm in awe.

All the final pens are fantastic. I am humbled that I managed to make it to the top 3 this year. The competition was fierce.

Thanks for all the effort on the contest Mike as well as to everyone who took the time to vote and thanks to Exotic Blanks for their sponsorship and the prizes.

Ed

special thanks to 37 of you....you know who you are!!!!

Last edited:

tgsean

Congrats to all who submitted and especially to those who won. Awesome pens, truly worth the win. Cheers

Advance beautiful, is exactly what this work has accomplished ... the craftsmanship that is displayed on this work is worthy of the best accolades.

Hendu3270

Wow! I'm amazed that I was able to be in the top 5 or 6, much less be voted into 2nd. Wasn't sure I'd do well at all against the kitless craftsmen. Thanks to MrRedBurn for managing the contest, everyone who was a part of the contest and who voted. And also, a big thanks to ExoticBlanks for sponsoring and putting up the prizes. :)

Oh and congrats to Yoarslaw and Parklandturner as well. Excellent pens.

Last edited:

southernclay

Congrats, stunning pens, I love all three. Yaro, an extra congrats to you, to see what you have been able to create with this pen as well as the antler contest despite what is happening in your country in very impressive. Hope this brings a little lift to you.

yaroslaw

Thanks guys to all of you, your support, thanks Mike for managing contest and Exotic Blanks for sponsorship!
Thanks to all participants of the contest and IAP as a community, thanks guys that share there works in SOYP forum. It is only because of you I was able to make this pen. It is much more complicated then pens that I usually do and I've pushed myself to the limits I thought impossible just a month ago. And a year ago I wasn't dreaming even applying to Advances contest:)

I really think all pens applied were worth first place, may be each in it's own category. I know that I would have really hard times if I want to make some of them:))) So congratulations everyone who had applied - I know that courage, craftsmenship and artisticity is really needed for it.

Thanks everyone and congratulations to other winners - your pens really deserves winning:)

Robert111

Congratulations to the winners!

The three winners are excellent craftsmen and deserve the prizes. Really impressive work!

And I want to add my thanks to Mike Redburn and the others who worked to make this contest so enjoyable. Great job guys! Thanks!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
There are many stars that shone in this contest!!

ExoticBlanks thanks Mike Redburn for taking on the contest again this year and spending hours to keep the thread amusing!! And his cohort Ed (Parklandturner).

To the contestants---the pens were phenomenal!! Truly works of art. Thank you all for the effort and the great spirit of competition!!

Last, but most "awe-inspiring"---Yaro----you are AMAZING!!! With the distractions on the streets of your city, the ability to submit ANY pen is noteworthy----to submit the pens you made is just incredible!! I hope the recent uprisings are just a small blot in your memory in the decades to come. But the pens you were able to produce should remain the focus of your recollection of these "tough times". YOU were productive and creative, while those around you were in havoc----inspirational!!

Top Bottom