WINNERS of the 2019 Pretty Resin Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

Congratulations to the WINNERS in the
2019 Pretty Resin Pen Contest
Pretty Resin Pen​

The Pretty Resin Pen – Purchased Blank Pen Winner is:
Pen J - From JessePens

The blank is an Inlace Acrylester "Gold Rush" from Woodturningz on a Gunmetal Trimline.
The prize for the Purchased Blank Winner is a $50 Gift Certificate from George's Bits of Timber

attachment.php

attachment.php

The Pretty Resin Pen – Self-Cast Blank Winner is:
Pen C - From Brian G

The blank is self-cast using Alumilite with Sky Blue & Reflex Violet PearlEx and Teal Caster's Choice powdered pigments with a green back-painted tube on a Chrome Virage Rollerball.
The prize for the Self-Cast Winner is a $50 BOB from Mike Broberg and $25 Gift Certificate from Woodturningz.

The Pretty Resin Pen – Grand Prize Winner is:
Pen N - From Brownsfn2

The blank is a Vintage Green Alumilite from Johnathon Brooks accompanied by Chrome & Satin Cigar Ball Point hardware.
The prize for the Grand Champion of the Pretty Resin Pen Contest is $85 Pen Kits from The Golden Nib and $20 Gift Certificate from Alumilite.

Thank you to our Prize Sponsors.

Congratulations to the WINNERS, all of the participants and the IAP Membership for an outstanding Inaugural Year for the PRETTY RESIN PEN CONTEST!

🤝And THANK YOU, for ALL of your VOTES.🤝

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Congrats to the finalists. Well done.

Brian and Ron... Ya got a newbie chasing your tail! Excellent pour Jessie.

And yes, Congrats to Brian and Ron!!!

(Mr Ducky did a good job also - Does that count as a bribe for more ribs???)

Last edited by a moderator:

jttheclockman

Congrats to the winners of this new contest. well deserved. Those are 3 blanks that stand proud. I believe I need to buy some of that slimline Gold Rush blanks. That is outstanding. Also thanks to all that entered and special thanks to a new moderator of this new contest and the good job he did with it. I think this contest is here to stay. Job well done.

JessePens

Wow, I'm honored to place third among so many amazing entries!

Thank you to IAP for holding these contests and to the generous folks that have donated prizes!

Brian G

Well done, Ron and Jesse! There were some great entries in this contest. Thank you Mike for chairing the contest.

Thank you to each that voted for my pen. Frankly, I was a little skeptical that it would show well because of the striations running the length of the pen. Those are some kind of artifact of the lighting or my mediocre photography. The striations are not visible in hand. Perhaps a photography guru can explain what I'm seeing.

Still, I'm grateful for the placing. Thanks to Mike Broberg and Woodturningz for donating prizes.

Chief TomaToe

Wonderful pens and blanks! Congrats to the winners and thank you to those who ran the contest. I don't speak for everyone, but I think the different categories to determine winners really worked out well.

brownsfn2

I will echo that all of the entries were great. It was some difficult competition. Thanks to those that voted for mine as well. I posted some more information about my entries over in SOYP threads. Thanks again!

drzeller

Any details on the others?

Is there anywhere with the details on the other pens? Like what kits, materials, makers?

Thanks!

drzeller

Top Bottom