WINNERS Ball Point Pen Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobleibo

Congratulations all 28 of the members who entered the Ball Point Pen Contest.
Your artistic craftsmanship inspires us all.​

A special THANK YOU to all of our vendors and members who donated the prizes for this and all 2016 Bash contests.
You make it possible to reward all of our winners for their efforts and results.​

….and now, drum roll please~​

In 3rd place - $100 gift certificate from Lazerline and an IAP 2016 Ball Point Pen contest travel mug
Pen #9
Dave Johns
Djohns 353

In 2nd place - $100 gift certificate from R and B Crafts and a $50 Gift certificate from Classic Nib and an IAP 2016 Ball Point Pen contest travel mug
Pen #7
Greg Jones
Twinsen

And our returning champ from 2015
In 1st place – $231 Glue Kit from IAP member Mark Rawlings (Swagopenturner) and an IAP Ball Point Pen contest travel mug

Pen #24
Brian Gartwaite
Brian G

We would also like to present a special award to
Pen #23 - box of blanks from IAP member Gary Greenberg (GaryMGg)

Karl Henschel
karl_99
Karl's entry was the only non-segmented pen that received enough member votes to move onto round #2. His use of a Spalted Magnolia blank certainly was appreciated by the members.

SPECIAL NOTE: Per the guidelines of the IAP Collection, the winner of the Ball Point Pen Contest has the option of donating their winning pen to become a part of the IAP collection that travels the country to various pen turning events.
Details can be found here http://www.penturners.org/forum/f70/iap-collection-bash-activity-138306/

Attachments

• pen 9a.jpg
    pen 9a.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 276
  • pen 7b.jpg
    pen 7b.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 268
  • pen 24a.jpg
    pen 24a.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 281
  • pen 23a.jpg
    pen 23a.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 260
  • mug 2.jpg
    mug 2.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Congrats to all who entered. very tough field. Congrats to the winners. Well deserved. Hopefully we see this kind of talent throughout the year.

stonepecker

:bananen_smilies051::bananen_smilies051:WAY TO GO BRIAN :bananen_smilies051::bananen_smilies051:

You keep the Minnesota Chapter in the spotlight.
Lots of skill here and plenty of design through the whole contest.
:biggrin:
:handshake:
We may just have to start a display of winning pens here in Minnesota.
I know that Brian will have the most displayed but then WE know he is that good.

:highfive: CONGRATS BRIAN :highfive:
:bananen_smilies046:​

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Congratulations to all the winners - those are some awesome pens.

Thanks to Bob for running this great contest & special thanks to all the prize donors!!

Brian G

Thank you for the comments. Congratulations to Dave, Greg, and Karl. This contest was filled with excellent entries. Everyone brought their top game. Thank you for the votes.

Thank you, Bob for chairing the contest, and for donating the travel mugs. Thank you, prize donors for supporting the BASH. The glue package will definately come in handy for this kind of work.

I saw the comments asking for details about process, and I received some PMs asking questions about technique. I'll commit to a write-up soon. I'm on the road, and don't have a steady connection.

djohn353

Congrats as well to the whole crew submitting ball point pens. Some Great Work and creativity in my opinion. It has spurred some ideas that I want to try.

Top Bottom