winged / squared bowl in red cedar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Animyzo

Animyzo

My first attempt at making a square bowl. I was touch and go for a while because it kept chipping out at the edges. But I finished it and used mineral oil as a finish

Attachments

• 20140203_144740.jpg
    20140203_144740.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 243
  • 20140203_144730.jpg
    20140203_144730.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 261
  • 20140203_144717.jpg
    20140203_144717.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 214
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MarkD

Awesome looking bowl. I have to try one of those sometime. Thanks for sharing.

scottsheapens

Very nice. Love the color and grain of the wood. I've done some red cedar. Great smell when turning and such a beautiful piece once done.

Old Codger

I totally agree, beautiful little bowl! Never tried a 'square or cedar bowl' before, soooo I'm looking forward to trying one similar to yours! Nice turning and beautiful wood...I'm sure you or someone will enjoy it for years! Thanks for sharing and safe turning to you always!

Bob Wemm

They tell me that a scrap piece glued along each of the 4 sides is a good way to prevent chipping. AND, if these are large enough it can be turned as a ROUND piece, then simply remove the scrap.
Nice bowl by the way.

Bob.

Last edited:

truckerdave

They tell me that a scrap piece glued along each of the 4 sides is a good way to prevent chipping. AND, if these are large enough it can be turned as a ROUND piece, then simply remove the scrap.
Nice bowl by the way.

Bob.

Any way you can show me a picture of the setup you describe???

I can do it if I understand the setup, but without SEEING it...let's just say...things have a way of ending badly for me!

Bob Wemm

Nice bowl by the way.

Bob.

I can do it if I understand the setup, but without SEEING it...let's just say...things have a way of ending badly for me!

Sure Dave,

Hope this helps, I've sent you details in a PM.
Bob.:)

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 101

truckerdave

Nice bowl by the way.

Bob.

Sure Dave,

Hope this helps, I've sent you details in a PM.
Bob.:)

So you just keep turning the bowl until the backing strips are gone from the corners and then peel the backing strips of off the original bowl?

Top Bottom