Wine Bottle Stoppers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
My cousin wanted me to turn 12 of these stoppers for Christmas gifts this year. So he sent me 14 Walnut blocks in case I mess a couple up. He knows me!
Luckily, Ruth Niles had these Stainless kits on sale, so I ordered some. Thank you Ruth! I like these kits , mainly because you can stand them up on a shelf
when they are not in use.

These stoppers are sanded from 120 - 600, then 000 steel wool. Followed by 6 coats of wipe on poly. I didn't want to play around with photos of all 12
stoppers, so you only get four today. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• DSCF0298.JPG
    DSCF0298.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 319
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Nice work, Chuck !!!

It's nice to do a "good turn daily", as one of our esteemed colleagues always reminds us.

14 walnut blocks and bottle stoppers from Ruth Niles is a very good way to keep that up !!

(No need to show the others ... unless, of course, you want to !! .. 😀 😀 )

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Nice work, Chuck !!!

It's nice to do a "good turn daily", as one of our esteemed colleagues always reminds us.

14 walnut blocks and bottle stoppers from Ruth Niles is a very good way to keep that up !!

(No need to show the others ... unless, of course, you want to !! .. 😀 😀 )
Thanks Mal! I never did like production work. So, two a day suits me.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
On the 172nd day afore Christmas, my cousin gave to me.....

Twelvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve............wallllllllllllllllllnut.....................blannnnnnnnnnnnnnks...

But you get a picccccccie of foooooooooooour........ :(

Hmmmm, no, Soz Chuck that doesn't cut the mustard. We need to see all 12.
Each one a completely unique shape and all with equally stunning finishes as you got with these.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
On the 172nd day afore Christmas, my cousin gave to me.....

Twelvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve............wallllllllllllllllllnut.....................blannnnnnnnnnnnnnks...

But you get a picccccccie of foooooooooooour........ :(

Hmmmm, no, Soz Chuck that doesn't cut the mustard. We need to see all 12.
Each one a completely unique shape and all with equally stunning finishes as you got with these.
Ha Ha...I hate that song! I can arrange your demand of seeing all 12, but not sure there will be many more unique designs. I do get ideas from others though. So that may help. Glad you like the finish. Thanks Steven!

@Dalecamino Love the finish on these. I have my first order of Niles stoppers in transit now - can't wait to get them started.

Did you use store bought poly or make your own? How long to dry between coats?

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
@Dalecamino Love the finish on these. I have my first order of Niles stoppers in transit now - can't wait to get them started.

Did you use store bought poly or make your own? How long to dry between coats?
Thanks Steve! I used Watco "Gloss" poly I found at Home Depot. I think it was at least 12 hours between coats. I scuffed each coat with 000 steel wool and wipe with tack cloth before applying the next coat. Your wait time may be different than mine since it is December. Just make sure they aren't tacky before going to the next coat.

Top Bottom