Windows XP Media Center Edition

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimGo

I am considering putting together or purchasing a new PC to be used in my living room. I live in a very small house, and don't have room for a PC and monitor in my living room, but I can hook one up to my HDTV and access the Internet, check mail, etc. through it. I have a home network, including an NT server. I'd like to be able to have the PC in my living room act as part of that network. Does anyone know whether XP Media Center allows for this? XP Home won't, but I wasn't sure about Media Center, and a review of Microsoft's web site is inconclusive.

Any help is appreciated!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

arioux

rtparso

Jim
I have not been keeping up with MS products but since you are limited on space Have you considerd a laptop. Prices are getting very close to a PC.

I would look for a laptop. I bought one in August for just over $400 and it is loaded. It was the display and they needed to get rid of it and had it marked down drastically then I was able to get them to include the warranty. This was all at Sam's Club - so have a look there.

Good Luck!
Bill

wayneis

We just bought a new Lap Top last night for my Wife and the prices are really comming down. Best Buy even has a Note Book lap top for about fourteen hundred bucks. We bought a Toshiba with 100G HD and 1024 mem with 17" screen, dvd/cd burner and all kinds of bells and whistles on sale for $1599.99. I didn't look closely but I think that they also has several for around a grand or less.

JimGo

Thanks guys. I thought about a laptop, but the processor speeds and graphics capabilities aren't quite there for what I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom