Wiling away the COVID hours....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Warren White

While these aren't anything unique (most of my pens are Slimline; a few have the metal embellishment these do), I needed to spend some time in the garage/shop, taking my mind off what is going on
IMG_0571.jpg
. A friend of ours had a couple of pieces of Honduran Mahogany that she gave my son. I asked him if he would share enough to make 4 pens. These are the result. Nice to spend some time making something....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Well done. The added metal segmentation may be a simple addition, but it adds a lot, and there is nothing wrong with the lonely slimline! Some of our favorite daily kitchen/desk pens are slims.

Very nice. 👍 . I also like your profile - looks nice to hold.

And I relate for the need to keep busy and have a bit of personal time (shop time for me) with Covid issues. In my area of Ohio the past 2 weeks I'd say less than 25% of folks are wearing masks... and the infection numbers here are rising rapidly, they just do not care. But they will complain if things get bad: "What, who me, why I didn't get told that, I can't wear that mask, it's my right not to, it will simply go away..." :mad: . My wife and I and daughter are back to careful self isolation: 1-2x out-of-house chores per week/less if possible. My daughter is doing an internship at the Cleveland Clinic, so she has her own bathroom at the entrance of the house to shower/change clothes. We know how to stay as safe as possible.

Last edited:

MPVic

Well done. The added metal segmentation may be a simple addition, but it adds a lot, and there is nothing wrong with the lonely slimline! Some of our favorite daily kitchen/desk pens are slims.

Very nice. 👍 . I also like your profile - looks nice to hold.

And I relate for the need to keep busy and have a bit of personal time (shop time for me) with Covid issues. In my area of Ohio the past 2 weeks I'd say less than 25% of folks are wearing masks... and the infection numbers here are rising rapidly, they just do not care. But they will complain if things get bad: "What, who me, why I didn't get told that, I can't wear that mask, it's my right not to, it will simply go away..." :mad: . My wife and I and daughter are back to careful self isolation: 1-2x out-of-house chores per week/less if possible. My daughter is doing an internship at the Cleveland Clinic, so she has her own bathroom at the entrance of the house to shower/change clothes. We know how to stay as safe as possible.
Mark -thanks for sharing. I am appalled at the number of people in North America who still think COVID is just a bad joke and won't take precautions seriously. Prayers to all who are using their God-given common sense to at least wear a mask. Stay safe my friend.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Mark -thanks for sharing. I am appalled at the number of people in North America who still think COVID is just a bad joke and won't take precautions seriously. Prayers to all who are using their God-given common sense to at least wear a mask. Stay safe my friend.

Hi Mark. I try to stay out of political discussions on line. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I'm ashamed at how things are going in the USA. I regularly chat with relatives in Hamilton, Dundas, Grimbsy, Owens Sound and a few other Ontario Locals. They are also equally dismayed with the lack of leadership from the USA, and the folks that are complicit to the current state of affairs.

Sadly, common-sense is not very common.

We have burnt our bridges to our allies, we have destroyed any allegiances we had by insulting other nations, and now we are an island alone with the rest of the world appalled at our incompetence and reluctant to assist as they have been bearing the brunt of our failed foreign policy for the last few years.

Sorry for the rant, these are only my opinions. I own them and accept that others do not agree. (I did delete more comments that would not sit well. I did not intend this to be a political commentary).

Warren - Sorry for the digression from your pens. I do love them! 🥰

Be well also!

MPVic

Hi Mark. I try to stay out of political discussions on line. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I'm ashamed at how things are going in the USA. I regularly chat with relatives in Hamilton, Dundas, Grimbsy, Owens Sound and a few other Ontario Locals. They are also equally dismayed with the lack of leadership from the USA, and the folks that are complicit to the current state of affairs.

Sadly, common-sense is not very common.

We have burnt our bridges to our allies, we have destroyed any allegiances we had by insulting other nations, and now we are an island alone with the rest of the world appalled at our incompetence and reluctant to assist as they have been bearing the brunt of our failed foreign policy for the last few years.

Sorry for the rant, these are only my opinions. I own them and accept that others do not agree. (I did delete more comments that would not sit well. I did not intend this to be a political commentary).

Warren - Sorry for the digression from your pens. I do love them! 🥰

Be well also!
Hey Mark!
Thanks for sharing - good to know you have relatives in my area; Grimsby is just 'down the road' from where I live in Stoney Creek. Please do not apologize for your opinions. I have a sister who lives in Los Angeles & she echoes the same unfortunate circumstances. Stay safe & well!!!!

Warren White

Thank you all for your kind comments. I have started another study on Celtic knots. Don't know where it will end, but anything I can learn is worth it. That is one of the reasons I love this hobby.

I too am concerned at the way this COVID thing has become politicized. I want decisions made on medicine and science. I had a friend who told me that he wanted everything opened up..... the only ones who would die are the "old" people. I told him I appreciated his concern for me, since I will turn 78 this week.

I used to manage a program called OPSEC in a National Laboratory. Perhaps some you may recognize it. We prided ourselves on decisions that were "studied, structured, and disciplined." Wouldn't that be nice....

Stay safe, and have a Happy 4th of July.

Top Bottom