Why is there no local chapter

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdavis29

Hello I would like to know why there is no local chapters in las vegas nv. I would like to have a chapter where i can talk to guys and gals one on one with my problems with pen making and they can help in person. please let me know if there is one or what i can do

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mark

Welcome to the IAP. Jump right in and enjoy the site..

I'm certain someone from your area will chime in shortly.:)

its_virgil

Welcome. Looking in the local chapter forum there doesn't seem to be on in the Las Vagas area. Why?: because no one has taken the initiative to start one. Maybe you are the one to organize and get a chapter started. :wink:
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Hello I would like to know why there is no local chapters in las vegas nv. I would like to have a chapter where i can talk to guys and gals one on one with my problems with pen making and they can help in person. please let me know if there is one or what i can do

steeler fan1

wdavis29,

Welcome to the site. The short answer is because no one has started one:).

You could do a search of woodworking clubs in your area. Also check with local supply stores,(ie Rockler, Woodcraft, etc), they often know of local clubs. PS, don't limit your search to penmaking, look for woodworking or woodturning groups.

IAP is a great web resource. Take a look around, lots of great links and totorials in the archives.

Good luck and welcome.

Carl

its_virgil

Another member (new one) from LV just posted his introduction. There you have it...a chapter with the first two members...go for it.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome William.

You know, if you go to "Advanced Search" on the "Member List" link, put 'las vegas' in location and enter. It should give you a list of members that live in Las Vegas. Maybe you can pm a few people and see what happens.
Local Chapters take a couple of people with initiative and a bit of stubborness to take off. As someone said before me, maybe you're the one.

tim self

wdavis29,

check with local supply stores,(ie Rockler, Woodcraft, etc), they often know of local clubs. PS, don't limit your search to penmaking, look for woodworking or woodturning groups.

Carl

What surprises me is there is no Woodcraft or Rocklers in Vegas. Was gonna spend some guy time with my SIL but no boys toys store there. Seems like someone would be willing to invest 5-600k and start one.

Welcome to the IAP and enjoy yourself. Get with the guys in Pharump and learn something form them.

Top Bottom