Why doesn't this pen have a clip?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Anyone ever put a pen together and forget to put on the clip? Me neither......
Not sure what this question is but most people who make kitless pens do not put clips on. Panache pens do not come with clips. They are too big to put in pockets. Pool cue kits do not come with clips. Too big. I am sure there are more. Desk pens do not come with clips.

iamrohn

I always thought an advantage to a clip was to keep the pen on the desk, so it doesn't roll away. With that function in mind one could design something alternative to a clip -- a "nub", hex barrel like a pencil, etc

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

TonyL

I have seen different types of pen roll stops sold. I , personally, would rather see more barrel and less clip. However, I don't keep pens in my pockets.

jttheclockman

I always thought an advantage to a clip was to keep the pen on the desk, so it doesn't roll away. With that function in mind one could design something alternative to a clip -- a "nub", hex barrel like a pencil, etc

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
They have that and are being done that way. Those that do kitless can answer to that. Forgot what they call the nub

jttheclockman

I thought that Chad was taking the mick out of himself rather than asking a serious question.....?😉
You maybe right Skip who knows. Cryptic posts are tough to decifer. There are a few people who do that with dots and things and then you guess.

greenacres2

I was making a pair of matching Virage ballpoints for a co-worker and her wife for Christmas using Oil Slick from McKenzie Penworks. Assembled the first and immediately realized i'd forgotten the clip. I've disassembled a fair number of pens--but didn't want to risk this one. So...i gave them one with and one without clip--so "they would be able to tell them apart, and it's up to them to decide who gets which!!" They appreciated not only the gift, but the "forethought" i had in making that subtle difference!!
Design opportunities abound!!
earl

More4dan

I was making a pair of matching Virage ballpoints for a co-worker and her wife for Christmas using Oil Slick from McKenzie Penworks. Assembled the first and immediately realized i'd forgotten the clip. I've disassembled a fair number of pens--but didn't want to risk this one. So...i gave them one with and one without clip--so "they would be able to tell them apart, and it's up to them to decide who gets which!!" They appreciated not only the gift, but the "forethought" i had in making that subtle difference!!
Design opportunities abound!!
earl

Earl, I bet you didn't even charge them extra.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

LK&T

Basically making fun of myself for forgetting to put on the clip. I do like all the reasons given for not including a clip, especially if you're going to carry the pen in a purse, bag, backpack or what not. I actually prefer them without clips.

sbwertz

Anyone ever put a pen together and forget to put on the clip? Me neither......
I also make them without clips all the time. I always ask women if they want a clip or not. They catch on things in a purse. My carry pen does not have a clip.

sbwertz

I also make them without clips all the time. I always ask women if they want a clip or not. They catch on things in a purse. I also leave off the clip on stylus pens because it gets in the way when you reverse the pen to use as a stylus. My carry pen is a slimline with a stylus on the top and has no clip.

Top Bottom