Why Do Simple Things Get So Complicated

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

Went to WalMart, better half seen a shower organizer that we just have to have. I told her, I'm not a fan of anything hanging from the plumbing. It'll be fine she says. So we get it home and we have the type of shower that has a handheld attachment. I go to hang it up, telling her all way, I don't like all the weight on the plumbing. So I try to hang it up and the darn spray attachment is in the way. I'll just return it , I say. No she says, hang it on the back of the shower. There's no way to hang it I said. I'll just return it. Screw a hook in the wall she says. Are you kidding, I said. No she said. I decided I can't win so I turn down an oak dowel to fit, hung it at the back of the shower. I just need to make or buy some sort of trim piece. She won. Five minute job took 90 minutes I have an organized shower and a happy wife. Life is good.
5C784A52-3F5A-499C-81C6-4595F8030A53.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Ha Ha. I know exactly the feeling. I don't know how long you've been married but I'm on our 45th year. To answer your question most of the complication is you! You offered your opinion and it wasn't even on the option list. Now that you know the final results you'll know better next time. Great job though.

egnald

Nice solution!

I'm sure you can find some kind of Escutcheon at Home Depot (or Menards) with a plating to match the rest of your fixtures. Personally, I would probably turn a rosette out of oak to slip over it.

A few years ago she wanted a doorstop in our bathroom, but she didn't want it fastened to the floor or to the wall or to the door. I wound up making a nice oak block with an ogee routed around the top and an anti-skid pad on the bottom, and a nice floor style door stop mounted on it. I thought it was rather attractive just finished with a few coats of clear lacquer. It's now painted white. And yes, life is good for me too!

Dave

KenB259

Ha Ha. I know exactly the feeling. I don't know how long you've been married but I'm on our 45th year. To answer your question most of the complication is you! You offered your opinion and it wasn't even on the option list. Now that you know the final results you'll know better next time. Great job though.
38 years,LOL, I should know better.

KenB259

Nice solution!

I'm sure you can find some kind of Escutcheon at Home Depot (or Menards) with a plating to match the rest of your fixtures. Personally, I would probably turn a rosette out of oak to slip over it.

A few years ago she wanted a doorstop in our bathroom, but she didn't want it fastened to the floor or to the wall or to the door. I wound up making a nice oak block with an ogee routed around the top and an anti-skid pad on the bottom, and a nice floor style door stop mounted on it. I thought it was rather attractive just finished with a few coats of clear lacquer. It's now painted white. And yes, life is good for me too!

Dave
I like the oak rosette idea, that's probably what I'll do, I don't think I'll ask for any input 😜

jttheclockman

Nice solution!

Dave
They do make doorstops that go on the hinge. I put one on the door in my kitchen coming in from the garage and they work well. I would have put it on the lower hinge but the door came with those automatic closer type hinges on the top and bottom which I have disengaged. So had to put on the center hinge. Will use same thing in bathroom too. work well.

TDahl

The situation may have started out complicated, but you adapted and had a nice recovery with everyone happy.

Top Bottom