Why can I not open a link??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Can anyone open this link?? https://www.ereplacementparts.com/jet-1632-plus-629004k-sander-parts-c-32652_32661_32864.html

I need parts for my Performax drum sander. I have not been able to open this link either by using Google or Bing for the longest time now. Every time I want to use them I get a not available message Actual message is site is not available.. Anyone have any idea how this can be corrected?? Or if someone has an active link to the replacement parts site I would appreciate it. thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

Can anyone open this link?? https://www.ereplacementparts.com/jet-1632-plus-629004k-sander-parts-c-32652_32661_32864.html

I need parts for my Performax drum sander. I have not been able to open this link either by using Google or Bing for the longest time now. Every time I want to use them I get a not available message Actual message is site is not available.. Anyone have any idea how this can be corrected?? Or if someone has an active link to the replacement parts site I would appreciate it. thanks.
Works for me, you may have some security settings keeping you from opening it.

leehljp

Member Liaison
More than likely, you have a corrupt cookie for that site. I don't know where these are stored in your browser but either the file that keeps passwords for that site or the file that keeps the cookies. Three weeks ago, I changed browsers because my regular browser (Safari) would not open my weather site, then my other woodworking site. Being aged, I forgot where to look for a few days, then it dawned on me that my cookies to those sites were corrupt. Sure enough, when I deleted those two particular cookies, I had no problem and went back to using Safari.

TonyL

You can download another browser like "Brave" and try that. But I think it is your cookie like many suggested. Perform a Google search on how to clear your cookies with the browser that you are using.

jttheclockman

OK to answer a few questions. I can not access from my phone. I do not have a smart phone. Still use a flip phone. Next I can not open their home page or can not access from Jet.

Not sure how to clear cookies but I did clear the cache yesterday for the day. Can having an older operating system have an effect. I have an outdated non supported windows XP 64 operating system I am using Chrome. I found this to be better than Firefox.

I will look into clearing cookies if I can figure out how. Thanks.

I will try calling Jet on Monday to see what they say. Not sure if they took over Performax or Laguana did. Both make a drum sander 16/32 that looks like the old Performax.

jttheclockman

I just looked under cookies and did not find any related to that site.
John, try using chrome and select the incognito tab. Then past the link in. This will avoid using any cached cookies.
Hey that is cool. Just tried it and it still will not open and same message. I looked in my cookies file and there is no cookie related to that site. I would hate to delete all cookies. This is frustrating.

frank123

If you're using Chrome use the "clear browsing data" in the settings and make sure "cookies" is checked.

Other browsers should have some version of this option as well somewhere in their settings menu.

jttheclockman

If you're using Chrome use the "clear browsing data" in the settings and make sure "cookies" is checked.

Other browsers should have some version of this option as well somewhere in their settings menu.
I did that. As I said I looked in the cookie file and did not see that web site in question listed there. I did not want to delete all cookies on entire computer. Not sure what I would lose. I did delete all cookies and browsing history for the past 2 days and still the same thing. This site has been a problem to open for quite some time. people keep referring me to it but I can not open. I use to be able to because I bought from them before years ago.

hitting ctrl--shift--delete gets me to that page that shows cache, cookies and browsing history and I deleted for past 2 days.

frank123

Since you aren't wanting to delete everything cookie (most likely loss would be sign in data so make sure you know all your passwords before you do, preference data can easily be reset) next step I would try would be uninstalling and then reinstalling Chrome from scratch (but this may also delete cookies, don't know about that on Chrome).

Don't remember if XP has a restore point option, but if it does create a point before you do it so you can go back to where you were (or do a backup first, it's always a good idea just in case).

Or try a different browser (If you've used one to access the site in the past, it may have a cookie stored somewhere that Chrome can access but that it doesn't clear when you clear them in Chrome).

Top Bottom