Why are there no EMS pen kits?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Knightmedic

I'm a paramedic and I have a lot of friends that would love a hand turned EMS themed pen but there are no pen kits out there, that I can find anyways. There are pen kits for police and fire, every branch of the military, nurses, about a million gun themed pen kits but not a single one themed for the people that risk their lives every day to save your life. Especially in todays current pandemic. I know EMS has always been the red headed step child of the emergency services but WTF? A little love for the life savers would be nice. I know there is a star of life laser cut blank and I guess you can get a star of life pen clip to add to a kit if you can find it. But... That's not the same thing as the multiple pen kits themed for all of the above.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I'm a paramedic and I have a lot of friends that would love a hand turned EMS themed pen but there are no pen kits out there, that I can find anyways. There are pen kits for police and fire, every branch of the military, nurses, about a million gun themed pen kits but not a single one themed for the people that risk their lives every day to save your life. Especially in todays current pandemic. I know EMS has always been the red headed step child of the emergency services but WTF? A little love for the life savers would be nice. I know there is a star of life laser cut blank and I guess you can get a star of life pen clip to add to a kit if you can find it. But... That's not the same thing as the multiple pen kits themed for all of the above.
Just a matter of time PSI I am sure will come up with some. You can always do a label cast or a watch piece blank witha theme dial.

magpens

Well ..... Knightmedic ..... for starters, since this is your first post/thread .....

Let's just say ..... Warm welcome to IAP !! :D

And I was also going to suggest that you have a look at the Kallenshaan wood inlay honoring the EMS .....

http://www.kallenshaanwoods.com/product/INL085-EMT-SIE.html (per your post, you seem already aware of this one).

Kallenshaan products are really fun to make. . I have done a lot of them, including this one (which I gave away to an appropriate person).

John (Knightmedic),
Thank you for your dedication and hard work. I have a possible solution for you. go to www.woodnwhimsies.com. I have dealt with these fine people several times in the past. Excellent service. Click on "INLAYS", then "OCCUPATIONS", you will find "EMT" in the fourth box on left.
You will have to specify "EMT" in the special instructions." These are wooden inlays. First Class! I have turned two of this exact pattern and was completely satisfied.
Because there some very tiny pieces. Do not remove the rubber bands the blank is supplied with. Read and follow the instructions very carefully. A sharp skew is a necessity.
Best wishes,

Check out Wood Turningz product. Might fit the bill for you.

Laser Kit - Mesa - EMT
Item: LK-MS-EMT

1602423770021.png

TripleT

woodpenpro.com has a variety of clips. I dont see anything for EMT but you could maybe ask them.

Top Bottom