Who's going to the MPG?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jdmacdo

Back in the Saddle!

Well, after much soul searching and checking maps (and looking at the mother load of give-aways - what a load!!!), the Iowa Clan is reversing our original decision and we are planning to make the trek. Not only is the 4 of us from last year, but we have added another turner into the fold.

With Dad, Duncan and I building the 3 Gen-Turn-Men webpage and company, we may need to add some more to the name with the addition of two on my daughters, Elizabeth and Hannah. We're thinking the extended name might become '3 Gen-Turn-Men and Lathe-ies 2'...

Reserved the room this morning, so pending some unforseen circumstance, we will see all of you 4 weeks from today!

After making the trek from Iowa last year to both the MPG and the MAPG (and the MPG the year before), it looks like we will not be traveling this year to any of the three gatherings. I know that we will miss the opportunity to see all the friends we have made over the trips, and both Duncan and Elizabeth will miss the chance to learn new things this year.

I hope that everyone enjoys it as much as we did, and good luck to everyone who goes for the big drawings this year!

John,

We will keep the light on for you should things change. If not I hope you will be able to make it next year.

Jason

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Doug, Lewis and Steve:

Looking forward to seeing each of you!

Yup! you will get to meet, chat with and become friends with other turners!

I truly suspect you will not be disappointed with the Demos, door prizes or conversation!

Have FUN!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Is it necessary to pre register?

Hi David: NO, you'll save a few bucks, but walk-ins are perfectly fine. There will be others that have to wait until the last few days for work schedules and life to shake out, so all is good with last minute plans.

If you are possibly staying overnight, you may have to look a bit for rooms close, but that should not be a problem also.

Hope to see you.

jdmacdo

Well, I found out yesterday that I need to have surgery on my knee, so I was concerned that I would not be able to make the trip so soon after surgery. I walk into the surgical scheduling office, and they tell me, 'We have openings on April 12 or 26'.

Guess someone knows that I had plans for the 8th and 9th, so I may be hobbling around, but I will be hobbling in Ohio that weekend, then getting back just in time for a nice rest after the MPG.

Could someone make sure my new lathe is all packed and ready for the trip back to Iowa? I would hate to have to ship my winning door prize home... :biggrin:

ottotroll

Just curious, how many people are registered, or attended last year? I also have some samples of John Holland fountain pen parts that I want to see if there is an interest in...

stuckinohio

Regarding the 4 pen competitions. I see that we register for the competition on Friday. Do we need to take photos of the process or some sort of proof that we made it?

I saw the rules, but they were kind of basic.

Argo13

Just curious, how many people are registered, or attended last year? I also have some samples of John Holland fountain pen parts that I want to see if there is an interest in...

I think we were close to 100 attendee last year. There are about 85-90 pre registered, guest, vendors and demonstrators.

Jason

stuckinohio

I was really looking forward to the sales/marketing and closed end pen demos, but a close friend passed away and the funeral is Friday evening, so I won't get in until late Friday night unfortunately.

I guess one day is better than nothing!

Top Bottom