WhooHoo!!! Mac is back!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PR_Princess

Early this week, my computer (that I do most of the Exotics work on) suddenly developed an issue. Ends up we had to make an appointment for the Genius Bar at Apple. (I think I'm in love with that store!)

After a couple of tests, turns out that the SSD Hard Drive came up... (LOL dare I say the word :rolleyes::rolleyes:)....."FAIL" :biggrin:

I have never seen such a surprised look on an IT person's face!
But now I have my computer back, working, with a new drive and all the info reinstalled. My apologies to both our customers and partners (existing and new alike) for the delay in getting their products up. Rest assured I will be working overtime this week, doing that which I love doing the most...

...uploading LOTS of new items!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::cool:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PR_Princess

LOL Me too Jim!!!!

The "Time Machine" feature is great! Have to say it was scary there for a bit when I reinstalled from backup, and the HD still would not work!

Skie_M

Hmmm .... having an SSD come up bad is pretty surprising ...

Those things are made to be drop shock resistant, super reliable, and stupid fast ... good for over 10,000 re-writes, and even if you pass that point with a data cluster, there are spare data clusters that it will re-route through.

How old was the SSD?

I know mine is a 128GB model that's just 2 years old, but as a gamer I know it's life is measured in less than 5 years for me. There's just way too much maintenance involved if you take game performance seriously in your system, and that takes it's toll on the hard drive if it has a limited lifespan like an SSD.

OOPS

I recently had a Windows machine assembled for me by a computer tech. I wanted some higher performance characteristics and he suggested the hardware. I was advised against solid state hard drives because the longevity has been an issue. I am glad you came out of this OK, but he advised me to buy a higher quality conventional hard drive. (He also suggested a higher quality power supply too.) With Apple, you are much more limited in how "custom" you can get. But it sounds as if you had a reliable backup program, and landed on your feet. Go EXOTIC!

Top Bottom