Who lives near/in Boston, MA??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Those who may be interested.

I read that they are "refurbishing" the USS Constitution. So, I had hoped to purchase some of the wood and make pens (new idea, huh??)

Well, I have now done the research and thanks to the people who assisted me - you know who you are and if I publickly state your names, you may become "public resources" also spelled "lots of nuisances".

Bottom line, any pieces or parts leaving the USS Constitution will be passed along to the non-profit museum that honors the ship. They are not allowed to sell anything to anyone who may be attempting to make a profit. So, if you are in Boston and going past the museum - good luck. They already sell slimlines made from the wood.

Having seen what Alan Shaw has done in conjunction with a museum, I can only say the USS Constitution is really passing up an opportunity in THEIR museum. But, from Racine, WI, I don't have the time to show them a better way. IF you do, go for it!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by Firefyter-emt

Yea, that is kind of what I was thinking, sealed up tight and accounted for...

So they can sell the "slimline" for $42.

If they did the kind of job Allan does, they would be using the same wood and getting 10 times the return (No exaggeration!!)

Go show them decent penmaking!!!

Firefyter-emt

Sad, Huh?? I saw a cigar from Fenway, what a piece of crap. It had a FP on it, and poor laser engraving that was heavy in the middle and not as deep on the top and bottom of the curve.

Top Bottom