Who Did It??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Now that the segmenting contest is over and all votes counted and champs crowned, There was one pen in there that was out of place (in my eyes) and feel sorry for the person who made this only because I thought it should have been in the casting contest and not the segmenting and I do understand the rules and perception (Please I am not questioning any of that) but I think it needs its own round of applause because of the tremendous amount of work, creativity, and just plain beauty in doing this type threading. I hope the person come forward and gives us some detail on the making of this pen. I have an idea who it may be but. maybe it needs its own category. It jumped off the page right away with the color and execution. All I can say is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

1582518793433.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Don Rabchenuk

darrin1200

Truly amazing Dale @Spanx

This could easily fall to either catagory, but it definitely fits the rules of segmenting. I didn't understand what it was during the voting. I wish we had seen an in progress photo, might have swung the vote a little.

jttheclockman

OK thanks for the link to Dale's thread about this amazing pen. I left my comments and question there but will say here as well, this is one extraordinary pen that you just do not see here. Thread art is an amazing artform that few people have been able to adapt it to pen blank making and when done like this just jumps right out at you. Dale is a true artisan and this pen is an example of his great work. I can only wish I could do this. I still think even though it has a CA finish on it that it should still be in the casting contest and would have done well. I too believe it needed a better write up explaining what it is we were looking at. Beautiful work for sure.

Willee

That is truly a work of art and I can only imagine the hours it took to accomplish.
A true master craftsman.

Here was my attempt at a thread pen years ago ... thread was a bit thick but my grandma who knits loved it. LOL

fuzzy.jpg

howsitwork

if it brings pleasure so be it!

I too am in awe of that pen, the colours and artistry are breath taking. Not my thing personally but inspiring and well executed.

Top Bottom