whitesploches

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hippi

I am having alot of problems in trying al my labels keep getting a white powder resadew or white streaks, the latest I have tried is clear acrylic coating in a matte finish I have evan tried clear lacquer these are both lacquer the one on the left shows like airbubbles but they are not the one on the right milky after it can out of the pot I have no pics of the one with the clear acrylic coating and looks like the one on the right
please help

DFE_7344.JPG
DFE_7345.JPG

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Need to give us your process and what you are using. Is that paper?? What adhesive for labels? What top coat on labels? What resin? What pressure in tank?? These are all factors.

hippi

I am using Alumilite clear at 50#, Avery label 18163, I have tried is clear acrylic coating in a matte finish I have even tried clear lacquer, I print to the label with a pic that I made and had a little help this is the pic before cropping
DFE_7327.JPG

JohnU

Using paper labels creates a huge issue… sealing the labels prior to casting. If your sealer doesn't cure long enough or work with the resin, it creates slippage between the resin and image where they don't bond properly, leaving white blemishes or air pockets. I would suggest switching to "weather proof labels" Like these…. https://www.exoticblanks.com/waterproof-label-paper-8-5-x-11-matte-for-ink-jet-printers.html

You don't have to seal them…. Just print, stick and cast. They work very well with Alumilite Clear. Just be sure to leave an overlap when you apply them or the seam might lift.

Top Bottom