White Oak Inclusion/Spalted/Whatever is going on here!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SDB777

SDB777

Here's one, considering I haven't shown anything in a little while. Harvested this stuff earlier this year from an Arborist burnpile, not really how sure how long it had been sitting there? But needless to say, it's dry and was ready to turn. Debating on whether or not to offer some of these pieces here(or keep them for myself)....

Photo pretty much tells the tale.

WhiteOakonSterlingSedobaRB001.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Scott (pretty stuff) B

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Pen looks great! If you're not sure about putting any of it here you could always send me a peice or two for quality assurance and I'll be happy to post my findings :wink:

David Keller

That's a great looking pen. It's hard to photograph dark woods like that, so I'll be this one is even nicer in person

David(do you ever get tired of coming up with things to insert) Keller

SDB777

That's a great looking pen. It's hard to photograph dark woods like that, so I'll be this one is even nicer in person

You know, I can't even remember when it started...but I guess the short answer is 'nope'! Life throws so many funny things at ya everyday that it's just simple.

And your right, the dark grain of the oak(don't hear that to often) on the Sterling plated items makes the wood 'look' even darker.
Just for giggles, this is the slab the blanks are coming off of:

Somekindofoak02.jpg

Scott (why are dog farts not funny) B

wizard

Wow, That is a beautiful pen you made and I too love the contrast of the gorgeous wood against the Sterling Silver. Did the wood darken when you finished it? Thanks so much for sharing. Regards, Doc

bitshird

Sure is a pretty piece of scrap pile, but some great pens have been made from fire wood piles, Nice grain and a great looking fit and finish.

bensoelberg

You know, I can't even remember when it started...but I guess the short answer is 'nope'! Life throws so many funny things at ya everyday that it's just simple.

And your right, the dark grain of the oak(don't hear that to often) on the Sterling plated items makes the wood 'look' even darker.
Just for giggles, this is the slab the blanks are coming off of:

Somekindofoak02.jpg

Scott (why are dog farts not funny) B

Seeing this picture just gave me an extreme case of wood envy!!! That looks like it would make an incredible platter. Now I'm going to have to look up all of the arborists in my town.

Top Bottom