White Chip Kitless

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ironwood

Ironwood

I made this pen a while back, but only got around to making a cap for it today.
No clip yet, but I will add one soon.
Double start 12mm cap threads. Maximum pen diameter is 12.4mm, cap is 14.5mm.
Pen is 125mm long, 131mm long when capped. #6 Jowo steel nib.

I think it needs a black finial on the cap to tie in with the black bits on the pen. What do you think ?

DSC_2109.jpg

DSC_2111.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CjG78

Nice mate, I love that blank. I think a small black finial would look good, or even a black clip? That might be enough to tie them together

Ironwood

Nice mate, I love that blank. I think a small black finial would look good, or even a black clip? That might be enough to tie them together
Cheers Casey. I never thought about a black clip, I always use stainless steel for my clips, but maybe quenching in oil might make a black clip.
I think I will go with a black ebonite finial for this one, but might also experiment with the black clip as well.

TDahl

Very nice craftsmanship. I love the blank. I agree with Casey. A black clip would pull everything together nicely.

Ironwood

Thanks everyone for the comments, likes, and views.
Seems like it's pretty well unanimous, it needs black of some sort on the cap.
Hopefully I'll get a bit of time this afternoon to make a finial and clip.

carlmorrell

20 years ago, I made around 1000 pens out of wood. Over 300 species. Type A madman. Anyhow, there was not too much plastic around to pick from, and I had no idea about vintage plastics. I bought a very similar blank from Woodcraft, and when I went to get more, I could not find it. I was told Mont Blanc had bought up the material. I got burned out and quit making pens for around 10 years. When I restarted this hobby, that material, changed me from Wood to alternate materials. I was glad to find the same or similar "cracked ice" blanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1023.JPG
    IMG_1023.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 87

jalbert

I bought a very similar blank from Woodcraft, and when I went to get more, I could not find it. I was told Mont Blanc had bought up the material.
Yep, montblanc bought this cebloplast and has used it on their Writers Edition "Alexandre Dumas" pens, most notably. I was able to find a small slab on eBay a few years back, but wish I had more.
A7B3364E-90EC-4537-B288-9C02128AE323.jpeg

carlmorrell

Yep, montblanc bought this cebloplast and has used it on their Writers Edition "Alexandre Dumas" pens, most notably. I was able to find a small slab on eBay a few years back, but wish I had more.
View attachment 316512
Thanks, glad to hear my memory was correct about MB. I have acquired a few pieces of stuff that looks very similar. I am pretty sure your pic is not the same a mine, and mine is the similar material. But I do have the real thing somewhere, ... let me look!

carlmorrell

As you can see, I need help. Someone please cut up my credit card. The round blank came from UK as Erinoid Astoria. The square cutoff I think is the real deal!
20210907_140526[1].jpg

Top Bottom