IAP Library Manager
- Dec 14, 2006
- East Troy, Wisconsin, USA.
NOTICE: IF YOU CHANGE A VOTE YOU MUST RE-ENTER ALL PREVIOUS VOTES!Many members ask the simple question, Which Pen Suppliers do you Purchase from?
Here are some things you should consider, and ask others for their experiences.
• Where are your friends and IAP members getting their kits?
• Does the supplier have a web site?
• Is the web site well organized, user friendly, easy to locate items and accessories?
• Are they selling through Facebook, Etsy or Ebay?
• Are the kits, bushings, and replacement tubes in stock?
• How promptly will you receive the kits?
• How Can you contact the supplier, Phone, Email, text, web form email or web chat?
• What if the orders are shorted? How quickly will the supplier respond to this?
• What particular style of pen kit are you looking for?
• Some manufactured kits have had quality issues, most do not.
• Some suppliers have few offerings of kits.
• Some suppliers have large offerings of kits.
• Some suppliers only offer the lower priced kits.
• Other suppliers only offer the higher priced kits.
• Many suppliers offer kits from both low to high priced kits.
• Pricing for kits does not suggest quality.
• Pricing does often increase based on the intricacy of a kit.
• Many suppliers offer the same manufacturers kits priced differently.
• Some suppliers offer different plating’s.
• Are the instructions included with the kit, downloaded from the supplier’s site or do you have to request from them.
• Many of the suppliers also offer blanks, artisan, wood and cast, which is beneficial.
• Remember, there are suppliers that specialize in blanks only.
• Some suppliers include extra goodies with your order.
• Where in the world do you live, US, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany, etc.?
• Can you drive to the supplier? Big benefit!
• Shipping, taxes, etc. are other items that you need to be concerned with.
• Most pen kits are manufactured overseas in China, Taiwan, and UK among other locations.
I once met a gentleman that was in the states from France at a pen suppliers store.
He Buys a suitcase full of kits and accessories and takes it back as luggage. Claims he saves a large amount of money doing this.
So, what have I missed here?
Above is a Poll created from the data of a Chart in the library, link is displayed below, of current world wide suppliers that I am aware of.
The Chart below has live links to all of these suppliers.
I am sure there are many others. Please add those missing from the chart/poll, that you may use in your post below.
Chart Reference Here.