Which one of you

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

Ok----fess-up

Which one of you broke into my shop last week and moved the brand new box of cotter keys I just bought.
This is not funny and I ain't at all happy about it either. It's not like the 500 piece assortment pack just grew legs and walked out---someone had to hide them for me.
I have spent the better part of the morning trying to find where you hid them at------------enough is enough----where are they????????
It's only been three weeks since I bought them--you know the 8 x 10 plastic case full.-----------:confused:
It had to be someone from this group-----this is a mean joke to play.

PaulDoug

Yep, that same person sneaks into my shop and does the same. It isn't funny. If I ever catch him or her I'm going to hang'm, teach them a lesson.

Mark

Oh Gary, BTW: that plastic box you used as filler in my last blank order works great for holding pen parts. I just needed to dump all that scrap out and it works perfect. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thanks again. You da man....

Seriously, I hope you find it... I hate knowing I had something, but where did I put it...:question:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Well Gary, while I was sneaking around down there I decided I needed some nice burls. So I went up the mountain and cut me up some burls!!:biggrin:

In all seriousness I hope you find them. Your shop's pretty clean so should be easy to find.

Gary Max

Ernie your not even on the list of suspects------medical reasons

Jerry if you need a list of folks to stop and vist in Tx----I would be willing to help.

I just don't see how someone can hide something that big so good. Oh---I did find a 1/2 hp motor I had forgotten about.

RAdams

Banned
Is it a plastic case?

Is it full of cotter pins?

Havent seen it... LOL...

Hope you find your cotters boss!

Russianwolf

Mannie, I've had a stern talking too with the culprit. Seems one of our recruits on the Pen Blank Commando Squad doesn't understand the meaning of "leave no trace" when we go on these training runs.

unfortunately all I could get out of him between giggles was "he's getting warmer, warmer, warmer, oh, he's red hot!!!"

TXPhi67

Maybe you should enlist our resident detective. Jeff's explanation of his in working out the mystery of the "pink dots" lacked only an occasional puff of his pipe and him yelling out "The game is afoot!" to be true to Mr. Holmes' adventures. You could be Watson. :)

Just a thought.

smoky10

Gary the culprit most have stopped here also. I looked for my wooden mallet all morning and couldn't find it, then when my back was turned he put it back on my work bench right where it belongs.....

Gary Max

I have had just about my fill of this-----some how this person has also talked with the mailman, who hasn't delivered the package I am waiting on.
I can see right now we are going to be forced into making some changes around here.
First off-----the shop door will be locked unless I am working out there---yup that means even at night.
Second item----I ain't telling anyone about that killer burl that is on the way ever again---you all will just have to wait till it gets here.
If it gets any worse we may have to bring in outside help.

bitshird

Gary, I think it's a Crime Syndicate formed between the Keebler Elves and the Underpants Gnomes. I never lost or misplaced any thing before I moved into my new shop and now every morning nothing is where I remember it being, the only things that haven't been moved or taken and hidden are the lathes and other machinery, That why I think it those stinking Elves an Gnomes the equipment is too heavy for them.

Gary Max

Ken this is really get stranger by the minute----I just went and found my Lucky Rabbits Foot. I got a notice from Fed-ex about 10 minutes ago in regards to a shipment from Topeaka Ks.
It has been delayed because of dust in Europe-----figure that one out. This has to be bigger than Gnomes.

bitshird

Ken this is really get stranger by the minute----I just went and found my Lucky Rabbits Foot. I got a notice from Fed-ex about 10 minutes ago in regards to a shipment from Topeaka Ks.
It has been delayed because of dust in Europe-----figure that one out. This has to be bigger than Gnomes.

Gary the little suckers blew up half of Iceland the other day, maybe that's Elf dust you suppose???

Hosspen

Maybe they were feeling unwelcome & hid from you, Try this, While you're looking for them, start singing "Welcome back Kotter, welcome back, welcome back, welcome back!"
Is anyone here old enough to remember that show?

bitshird

Maybe they were feeling unwelcome & hid from you, Try this, While you're looking for them, start singing "Welcome back Kotter, welcome back, welcome back, welcome back!"
Is anyone here old enough to remember that show?

You mean with Vinnie Barberino ?? AKA John Travolta.

EBorraga

In Memoriam
How in the world Could volcanic dust in Iceland cause a delay. No wonder Fed Ex is losing money. Kansas To Kentucky by way of Europe???:confused: Heck I could of drove there and back by know.

Gary Max

I found the Cotter keys and they where very well hide. I an sure I didn't put then there----or did I--??????????
Anywho---now if the USPS will big me my BIG box on Sat that would be a nice end to this week.

Gary Max

Hey Ernie----------I got all 4 benchs built and a coat of sealer on them---I will post a pic here in the morning.
Sure hope that mailman stops on sat

Lenny

I found the Cotter keys and they where very well hide. I an sure I didn't put then there----or did I--??????????
Anywho---now if the USPS will big me my BIG box on Sat that would be a nice end to this week.

It was THE WIFE!

(it's always the wife) ... :wink:

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
I have had just about my fill of this-----some how this person has also talked with the mailman, who hasn't delivered the package I am waiting on.
I can see right now we are going to be forced into making some changes around here.
First off-----the shop door will be locked unless I am working out there---yup that means even at night.
Second item----I ain't telling anyone about that killer burl that is on the way ever again---you all will just have to wait till it gets here.
If it gets any worse we may have to bring in outside help.

Gary, I agree. You DEFINITELY need some outside help!!

sea0714l.jpg

Fred

Heck, I don't lose stuff .... it just magically gets sprayed with that new Dupont Invisibility Paint and when it dfries ... it ain't there no more. Sanding some really dry bloodwood usually coats everything in a fine red misting of dust and thus I can find 'stuff' again. It is weird I tell you, just damn weird!

Got to go find my bracelet holder thingie and use it a bit I guess. At least thats going to be my story and I am sticking to it. :curse:

EBorraga

In Memoriam
Glad you got the benches done. And I hope the mailman comes today also. I've been expecting something from Michigan. It should of been here thursday and it's not here yet. Hopefully it gets here today.

Gary Max

Here next weeks project----if I can find the time. I got a box of cactus in a couple weeks ago. I need to get some more of my Kentucky Cactus Carcass blanks cast.
That is one of the biggest slabs I have ever seen, but you know those Texans---they grow them bigggggg.

Attachments

• IMG_1677.jpg
    IMG_1677.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 233

Oldwagon

Hey Gary,I think the box your looking for is on top of that roll of tape I was going to send you.But since you found the box I guess the tape was with it.So now I can write that off my list.Todd

Gary Max

Todd who ever done this outsmarted themselves-----while spending half the day hunting for the cotter keys I found a 1/2 motor that they had hid and also my HVLP which was stolen several months ago. The way I got this figured out I am ahead of the game plus I know where a couple of the better hiding places are at now.

Gary Max

Hey Jerry--------How's this for a different Birdhouse design---made them this morning after we talked

Attachments

• IMG_1678.jpg
    IMG_1678.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 206

Gary Max

Tom that's always a good ideal----I think Todd was trying to rearrange my lathe tool rack when he was here. I can't be sure but better safe than sorry.

Top Bottom