Which kit metal finish sells best?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Doctor G

I'm not selling pens yet but I'd like to know which kit metal finish do you find sells best and the other metal finishes in order of popular choice?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

That's a pretty difficult question to answer. . Of course, it depends a lot on personal preference, which is so variable.
It also depends on what blank/material you use, which can greatly add to the appeal of the pen, depending on its match to your kit choice.

Bear in mind, also, that not all pen kits come in all plating options. . So what might be a popular pen styling might not have the preferred plating.

My preference for plating would be a combination of Titanium Gold and Black Titanium .... which is probably the most highly priced plating .

Like Mal said above. It really depends on the pen kit type and who you're selling it to. I get a lot of requests for Chrome, Gun Metal and some of the combo's pens that have, like a Cigar with Gun Metal and Gold accents, from guys. Most women who buy from me like the 24kt Gold, gold combo's and Rose Gold. But...I have an order I'm working on right now that has two Graduate pens in Gun Metal and they're going to women under 30. I've had great suggest with Chrome and Gun Metal for the 30cal bolt actions.

Personally, I really like Gun Metal with Gold accents on a lot of pens. To me it's very classy, but that's just me.

TonyL

Gun metal, antique silver, satin, chrome....in that order. However, I am not a mass seller. I also don't display or have in inventory anything with gold. I am not the best person to answer the question.

In the US, Chrome/stainless/gunmetal.... in other countries... gold plating does better. We're a bit strange here compared to the rest of the planet apparently. :)

Keep in mind, not all plating is equal. Rhodium plating will hold up MUCH better over time than chrome. Titanium based golds, etc are also better than the 24k plating.

Top Bottom