Which contest will use entry forms?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
This topic comes up each year. I need to know which contests will need entry forms. Due to extremely heavy work load and limited spare time, I would like to get an early start on it this year.

All forms will have the following required fields:

• Name
  • IAP Username
  • Address
If you are running a contest that uses an entry form, please provide me with a valid e-mail address that you want the entries sent to as they come in as well as a weekly summary and a final list of all entries.

Please let me know if you need any additional fields such as:

• Files to upload (how many can they upload for your contest?)
  • Place to put a birthdate
  • Skill Level
  • Description of the entry
  • Any other special info you would like to collect

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I will need them for the Beautiful Pen and the Youth contests. I need the age level, for the youth contests, and a description field, for both. Pictures for both- max 3.

Shall we Pm you the Email address we wish to Use?

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Curtis,
I will need a form for Creative Mug Shots. In addition to the required fields the form should allow the upload of one photo, a "Title of Photo" space. and a " Caption" field. My email is mbroberg1(at)gmail(dot)com.

Thanks,
Mike

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Curtis

I'll need a dump of the first four fields on some regular basis. I'll be maintaining the master prize DB.

Thanks!

Buzzzz4

I will need one for the casting contest. I plan to have three different contests within. So a spot for their choice of subsection (Color Swirl, Embedded, or Tubed)
A spot for description of entry.
I will allow 2 photos per entry.
email is iapcastingcontest@comcast.net

Thank you!

Last edited:

Brooks803

I'll need them for the intermediate and beginners contest. If there's a way to select which contest in a drop down box the same form can be used for both contests. Along with the standard info I'd also need:

2 Photos allowed
skill level (beginner or intermediate)
description of entry

The email I'll be using is iapcontest@gmail.com

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Looks like I'll need one for the Antler, Horn, Bone Pen Contest.

• Up to 3 pictures will be uploaded
  • Description of the entry
Email will be IAP*at*woodenwonderstx.com

toddlajoie

The photo contest will need an entry form.

• All the basics (Name, Username, Address, E-Mail)
  • 2 image uploads
  • A dropdown for the sub-category (Pen/Marketing Photos, Shop/Work Photos, No Rules).

E-Mail would be todd(DOT)lajoie(AT)bhs(DOT)org.

Last edited:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Is the photo contest three separate contests or one contest with separate categories like last year? Mike has the sponsorship for the photo contest this year as three separate contests rather than one with categories. It is possible for a different vendor to sponsor each category according to the sponsorship opportunity thread put up. If this is the case, then each category will need to be treated as a separate contest with separate entry forms since I always mention the sponsor on the entry form.

Need clarification on this as soon as possible.

• 2 image uploads
  • A dropdown for the sub-category (Pen/Marketing Photos, Shop/Work Photos, No Rules).

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Is the photo contest three separate contests or one contest with separate categories like last year? Mike has the sponsorship for the photo contest this year as three separate contests rather than one with categories. It is possible for a different vendor to sponsor each category according to the sponsorship opportunity thread put up. If this is the case, then each category will need to be treated as a separate contest with separate entry forms since I always mention the sponsor on the entry form.

• 2 image uploads

I did set it up as three different contests. Also did the Casting that way. Sponsorship is easier to administer that way. As Andrew has pointed out there doesn't seem to be much interest in sponsorship this year. Counting the two sponsors we have already (Exotics and Classic Nib) we have a grand total of two.

toddlajoie

• 2 image uploads

I did set it up as three different contests. Also did the Casting that way. Sponsorship is easier to administer that way. As Andrew has pointed out there doesn't seem to be much interest in sponsorship this year. Counting the two sponsors we have already (Exotics and Classic Nib) we have a grand total of two.

Sorry Curtis and Mike, I missed this question when it was posted... I'm assuming this doesn't make much difference on my end, other than probably posting a different thread for each category vs. a single thread that covers all 3. The submissions have to be separate threads anyway. Whatever works best in terms of sponsor/prize breakdowns, etc, or whatever makes it easier on those who need to keep track of everything...

For Curtis, I guess it means either setting up one form or 3, and from the way I read Mike's reply, I guess it should be 3 separate forms, which would mean that they don't need the dropdown, but rather each be titled for the category...

Please feel free to correct me if I'm misunderstanding anything or anyone has a conflicting opinion.

Top Bottom