Where to get corian?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

melogic

If you have a local cabinet shop I bet they would love for you to take some off of their hands. I get mine from a local cabinet maker and I could take truck loads away and he would just love it. Because it cost him big money to dispose of his scrap corian. Just a thought!

sandking

Hi Pete,

I'm completely new to penturning, but i noticed an article on making your own bushings and it gave me an idea. I could use it for pen bushings, but I also have some candle sticks to make and since I don't have a chuck I could drill out the hole on top for the candle and a hole on the bottom so I can add some lead and use the corian as plugs to turn between centers.

That being said i have no idea what I would be looking for. I would probably glue up the 1/2" thick pieces and turn what I needed.

martyb

There's a guy on ebay that has 3/4" square by 5" long pieces every once in a while.
The seller is Lackawanna_station. I've bought from him/her before, not much communication, but shipped out quick and high quality sticks of corian.

Woodlvr

Also on Ebay if you need another place to look (on Ebay) is Traci's Stuff (store name)or member name is Traci828. I have purchased quite a few of her red/white/blue Corian blanks and the quality is excellent, and she responds quickly to email questions. I have no affiliation with her just get excellent customer service from her and her husband.

Mike in Utah[:D]

pete00

sand king

such a deal, give me a day or so to see what i have left over.
ill give you a small box of it, you just pay me shipping, i think its five bucks or something like that, ill check.

pete

Originally posted by sandking
<br />Hi Pete,

I'm completely new to penturning, but i noticed an article on making your own bushings and it gave me an idea. I could use it for pen bushings, but I also have some candle sticks to make and since I don't have a chuck I could drill out the hole on top for the candle and a hole on the bottom so I can add some lead and use the corian as plugs to turn between centers.

That being said i have no idea what I would be looking for. I would probably glue up the 1/2" thick pieces and turn what I needed.

pete00

sand king

heres what i got for ya, but i lied to you shipping is 8.10

if you want em there yours shoot me an email with your address
and how you want to pay me JUST for the shipping.

everything is all 1/2 thick
theres about 14 red abotu 5" long
3 6x6
4 4x4
5 various
couple of others
about 25 or so pieces.

use your regular tools for this.
also go to the instructions page and find my instructions on how to make a desk top pen set from the 4x4.

thanks......pete

shhhhhh
If you need more now , i actually have 3 more boxs like that, ill sell for 10 bucks each +ship
or i can sutff a box for ya.

pete

2006111016012_Copy%20of%20DSC00421.jpg
<br />

2006111016051_Copy%20of%20DSC00418.jpg
<br />

Chuck B

I went to 5 cabinet/counter top Makers in my area. They all have them fabricated elsewhere then shipped to them. This state really SUCKS for having anything made here. I would hate to buy it if I cold get scraps from somewhere.

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom