Where to buy Bespoke Pen Turning Supplies

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ridlaH

Hello,

Still in process of buing all the items I need to complete my first bespoke pen.

Wondered if there were recommendations for other suppliers other than Turner's Warehouse as they appear to be out of most everything I need?

Items I still need:
Jowo #6 tap
M10x1 mandrel
M13x1 mandrel
Jowo #6 section mandrel
Polishing paper/pads (likely will use amazon)
Lubricant such as mineral oil (likely amazon)

Any other pen making sites you'd recommend for buying the tools/hardware would be greatly appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hippie3180

Hello,

Still in process of buing all the items I need to complete my first bespoke pen.

Wondered if there were recommendations for other suppliers other than Turner's Warehouse as they appear to be out of most everything I need?

Items I still need:
Jowo #6 tap
M10x1 mandrel
M13x1 mandrel
Jowo #6 section mandrel
Polishing paper/pads (likely will use amazon)
Lubricant such as mineral oil (likely amazon)

Any other pen making sites you'd recommend for buying the tools/hardware would be greatly appreciated.
You might think about 3 in 1 oil or some other type of lubricant. Mineral oil can get sticky. Also, lubricants can easily be picked up locally.

Also, if you're not in a big hurry you might keep an eye out on here, sometimes folks sell taps/dies etc. if they are getting out of it all together. Otherwise, Turners Warehouse does have probably the best selection of bespoke supplies.

its_virgil

Rick's sliding tap and die holder is the only one I use and I have 3 different ones. I have a set of his mandrels as well as the step drills for drilling the section for the nib unit: JoWo and Bock. No better tools.
Do a goid turn daily!
Don

dogcatcher

For acrylics and resin blanks my oil/lubricant to use for cutting threads is automatic transmission fluid. The cheap stuff from the dollar stores. I also use ATF when wet sanding any of the acrylic and resin blanks. Cleanup is easy with Dawn dish soap.

Top Bottom